Blackwater Ridge

It's been a week since Jessica's death. Me and Dean decided to stay in Stanford with Sam before we went to Blackwater Ridge. Sam's been having a hard time sleeping through the night, which is understandable, I mean I wouldn't be able to sleep if I lost someone I cared about, especially my brothers and my dad. They're the only family I have left.

"Rise and shine Kat!" Dean shouted, jolting me awake. I gave him my best bitchface and he just laughed. I rolled over and pulled the covers over my head.

"Five more minutes Dean" I whined.

"Nope. C'mon, Sam's already waiting in the car. All I gotta do is get you and then we're off the Blackwater Ridge.

I rolled my eyes again and gripped the blankets tighter.

"You asked for it." Dean said and suddenly the covers were ripped from my hands and I was thrown over Dean's shoulder.

"DEAN PUT ME DOWN!!" I shouted at him. He just laughed and kept walking. He walked out of the hotel room and to the car before putting me down next to it.

I glared at him before getting in the backseat. Dean got in the drivers seat and started the engine.

"Bitch" I mumbled.

"What'd you just say?" Dean asked sounding a little angry. Probably because I called him a bitch.

"Nothing." I replied, looking out the windows to hide my laughter. Sam laughed as he heard what I had said to Dean. I decided to go back to sleep since it was way to early for me. I leaned my head on the window and fell asleep.

Later that day

Sam jerked awake looking pretty freaked out. He looked around the car as if he was missing something.

"You okay?" Dean asked.

"Yeah i'm fine." Sam said

"Another nightmare?" I asked concerned. I thought he would've at least been able to sleep better since Jessica's death, I mean it has been a week. I just hope he doesn't blame himself for her death because it wasn't.

"You wanna drive for a while?" Dean asked Sam.

"Dean, your whole life you've never once asked me that." Sam said.

"Yeah Dean." I continued, opening my mouth in fake shock just to irritate him. He glared at me. I smirked at him knowing I had succeeded.

"Just thought you might want to, Never mind." Dean said.

"Look, guys, I know you're worried about me." Sam said.

"Damn straight." I cut in. Dean looked at me with an eyebrow raised. That's probably because of my language but honestly I don't really care.

"I get it, and thank you, but I'm perfectly okay." Sam continued.

"Mm-Hm." Dean said.

I grabbed a map and asked, "All right. Where are we?"

"Just outside of Grand Junction." Dean replied. I closed the map and put it away.