Faith

Sam was talking to the receptionist in the hospital while I paced anxiously around. Two cops walk over to Sam so I followed.

"Look, we can finish this up later." One of the cops said.

"No, no, it's okay. We were just taking a shortcut through the neighborhood. And, um, the windows were rolled down, we heard some screaming when we drove past the house, and we stopped. Ran in." Sam said.

"And you found the kids in the basement?" One of the cops asked.

"Yeah." I said. A doctor started walking towards us.

"Well thank God you did." A cop asked.

"Excuse us." I said and headed towards the doctor, grabbing Sam's arm and pulling him behind me.

"How is he?" I asked bluntly.

"He's resting." The doctor said.

"And..." Sam asked.

"The electrocution triggered a heart attack. Pretty massive, I'm afraid. His heart...it's damaged." The doctor said.

"How damaged?" Sam asked.

"We've done all we can. We can try and keep him comfortable at this point. But, I'd give him a couple weeks, at most, maybe a month." The doctor said.

"No, no. There's, there's...gotta be something you can do, some kind of treatment." I said.

"We can't work miracles. I'm really sorry." The doctor said. She walked away.

I started down the hallway looking for his room when Sam put a hand on my shoulder.

"What?" I asked.

"Are you okay, Katie?" He asked.

"I'm fine but we need to find Dean's room." I said. I brushed off Sam's hand and kept walking. I found his room and walked in. Dean was laying in his hospital bed watching TV.

"Have you actually watched daytime TV? It's terrible." Dean said. He was pale and had dark circles under his eyes. I smiled slightly at his comment. Sam walked in.

"I talked to your doctor." Sam said.

"That fabric softener teddy bear. Oh, I'm gonna hunt that little bitch down." Dean said. I snickered.

"Dean." Sam said sternly. Dean turns the TV off.

"Yeah. All right, well, looks like you're gonna leave town without me." Dean said.

"We're not leaving you here Dean." I exclaimed.

"You better take care of that car. Or, I swear, I'll haunt your asses." Dean said. He smirked.

"Not funny Dean." I said.

"Oh come on, it's a little funny." Dean said.

Sam looks down. Dean sighs.

"Look, Sammy, Katie, what can I say, it's a dangerous gig. I drew the short straw. That's the end of the story." Dean said.