Cassie

Sam had a map laid out on the hood of the car and Dean was talking on the phone.

"Ok. I think I found a way we can bypass that construction just east of here. We might even make Pennsylvania faster than we thought." Sam said. I nodded as if I was paying attention but I really wasn't. Dean hung up his phone.

"Yeah. Problem is, we're not going to Pennsylvania." Dean said. Sam and I looked at him.

"We what?" I asked.

"I just got a call from an, uh, old friend. Her father was killed last night, think it might be our kind of thing." Dean replied.

"What?" I asked again.

"Believe me she never woulda called, never, if she didn't need us." Dean defended.

Dean got into the car.

"You coming or not?" Dean asked. Sam folded his map and got in the passenger seat and I got in the back. Dean started the car and drove off.

After a few minutes Sam asked.

"By 'old friend' you mean..." Sam started.

"A friend that's not new." Dean finished. I rolled my eyes.

"Oh yeah, thanks. So her name's Cassie huh? You never mentioned her.." Sam asked.

"Oh Cassie I remember her." I exclaimed.

"They dated." I added, filling Sam in.

"You dated somebody? For more than one night." Sam asked.

"Am I speaking a language you're not getting here? Dad, Katie, and I were working a job in Ohio, she was finishing up college. We went out for a coupla weeks." Dean explained.

"And.." Sam asked. Dean shrugs.

"Look, it's terrible about her dad, but it kinda sounds like a standard car accident. I'm not seeing how it fits with what we do. Which by the way, how does she know what we do?" Sam asked.

Dean looked kind of nervous.

"You told her. You told her, the secret! Our big family rule number one. We do what we do and we shut up about it. For a year and a half I do nothing but lie to Jessica, and you go out with this chick in Ohio a coupla times and you tell her everything?" Sam exclaimed.

"Wait you did tell her!" I practically yelled.

"Oh relax." Dean said to us. The rest of the drive was quiet. We pulled up to the Mayor's office and walked inside. Three men and a young woman were talking intently.

"Jimmy, you're too close to this. Those guys were friends of yours. Again, Cassie, I'm very sorry for your loss." A man said. He walked away. Cassie turns around and sees us.

"Dean." She breathed out in shock.

"Hey Cassie." Dean said, smiling.

They stared at each other.

"Hey Cassie." I cut in, breaking the silence.