The Demon

Dad hasn't left us since the vampire case. We've been doing research on the Yellow Eyed Demon, together.

"So this is it. This is everything I know. Look, our whole lives we been searching for this demon right? Not a trace, just...nothing. Until about a year ago. For the first time I picked up a trail." Dad explained.

"And that's when you took off." I said.

"Yeah. That's right. The demon must have come out of hiding, or hibernation." Dad said.

"All right so what's this trail you found?" Dean asked.

"It starts in Arizona, then New Jersey, California. Houses burned down to the ground. It's going after families, just like it went after us." Dad said.

"Families with infants?" Sam asked.

"Yeah. The night of the kid's six-month birthday." Dad replied.

"I was six months old that night?" Sam asked.

"Exactly six months." Dad replied.

"So basically, this demon is going after these kids for some reason. The same way it came for me? So Mom's death...Jessica. It's all because of me?" Sam said, glancing at me when he mentioned Mom.

"We don't know that Sam." Dad said.

"Oh really? Cause I'd say we're pretty damn sure Dean." Sam said.

"For the last time, what happened to them was not your fault." Dean said, glancing at me just like Sam did. I stood up and pulled out a dollar from Deans wallet. I started towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Dean asked.

"Soda. Be back in a couple minutes." I replied and left the room. I went to the vending machine that was outside our motel room and out the dollar in. Suddenly a hand touched my shoulder. I spun around and grabbed his hand and pushed him into the wall.

I looked at the boys face and realized it was Cole. He was smirking like an idiot.

"Cole! Don't scare me like that!" I yelled. I was happy to see him though. He laughed. I let go of his arm and he pulled me into a tight hug. The door to our motel room opened and my brothers and dad ran out. I forgot the vending machine was right outside our room and they probably heard Cole get slammed into the wall.

Cole and I quickly pulled away. Dean looked at me.

"I'm okay." I reassured.

"Who's this?" Dad asked.

"Cole Jones sir." Cole replied. Dad looked suspicious before extending a hand. Cole shook his hand and then a van pulled up with Dylan, Brenton, and Keiynan inside.

"Hey Katie." They said.

"Hey." I replied.

"We're gonna go hang out if you wanna come?" Dylan asked. I looked at my brothers and dad with a puppy dog face. Dean stared at me for a couple seconds before nodding and letting me go. I smiled and Cole and I got in the car. My dad didn't look happy but he'd get over it. Cole shut the back door and Keiynan drove.