Phantom Attacker

"I know you're just doing your job, but the police have been here all week already. I don't see why we have to go through this again. The more he tells the story, the more he believes it's true." Mrs. Mckay said.

"Mrs. McKay, we know you spoke with the local authorities." Sam started.

"But, uh, this seems like a matter for the state police, so...." Dean finished.

"Don't worry about how crazy it sounds, Evan. You just tell us what you saw." I said with a smile.

"I was up late, watching TV. When I heard a weird noise." Evan said.

"What did it sound like?" Sam asked.

"It sounded like....a monster." Evan admitted. I glanced at my brothers.

"Tell the officers what you were watching on TV." Mrs. Mckay said.

"Godzilla vs Mothra." Evan said. I smirked.

"That's my favorite Godzilla movie. It's so much better than the original, huh?" I said.

"Totally." Evan replied.

"Yeah." I said. I nodded towards my brothers.

"They like the remake." I said.

"Yuck!" Evan replied. Sam clears his threat and I stopped.

"Evan, did you see what the thing was?" Sam asked.

"No. But I saw it grab Mr. Jenkins. It pulled him underneath the car." Evan said.

"Then what?" Dean asked.

"It took him away. I heard the monster leaving. It made this really scary sound." Evan said.

"What did it sound like Evan?" I asked.

"Like this...whining growl." Evan said.

"Thank you for your time." Dean said and we headed back to the car.

"What do you guys think it is?" I asked.

"No clue. Let's head to the bar Mr. Jenkins goes to a lot tonight." Dean said. We got in the car and headed to the motel. I changed into black leggings, black converse, and a camo hoodie. I threw my hair into a ponytail and met my brothers at the car. We went to the bar.

"So, local police have now ruled out foul play. Apparently, there are worse signs of a struggle." Sam said. He out is research papers down. Dean was throwing darts so I kept Sam company.

"Well, they could be right, it could just be a kidnapping. Maybe this isn't our kind of gig." I suggested.

"Yeah maybe not. Except for this—Dad marked the area, Katie." Sam said. He opened Dad's journal to the page with the coordinates on it.

"Possible hunting grounds of a phantom attacker." Sam added.

"Why would he even do that?" Dean asked, walking up to our table.

"Well, he found a lot of local folklore about a dark figure that comes out at night. Grabs people, then vanishes. He found this too—this county has more missing persons per capita than anywhere else in the state." Sam said.