Extinct

My brothers and I were looking for a hunt. We hunted a shtriga and a spirit. Sam met a girl named Sarah and they really hit it off.

"Well. Not a decent lead in all of Nebraska. What've you guys got?" Dean asked.

"Well, I've been scanning Wyoming, Colorado, South Dakota. Here. A woman in Iowa fell 10,000 feet from an airplane and survived." Sam said.

"Sounds more like 'That's Incredible' than, uh, 'Twilight Zone'." Dean replied.

"Yeah." I said.

"Hey you know we could just keep heading east. New York. Upstate. We could drop by and see Sarah again. Huh Cool chick man, smokin'. You two seemed pretty friendly. What do you say?" Dean commented.

"Yeah, I dunno, maybe someday. But in the meantime we got a lot of work to do Dean, and you know that." Sam replied.

"Yeah all right. What do you got Kat?" Dean asked.

"Ahh, man in Colorado, local man named Daniel Elkins, was found mauled in his home." I said.

"Elkins? I know that name." Dean said.

"No clue." Sam said. I agreed.

"Anyways. Sounds like the police don't know what to think. At first they said it was some sort of bear attack and now, they've found some signs of robbery." I added.

"Mm-hmm." Dean said. He opened Dads journal and starts flipping through the pages.

"There, check it out." Dean said. He handed us Dads journal and the page said, "D. Elkins 970-555-0158"

"You think it's the same Elkins?" Sam asked.

"It's a Colorado area code." I said.

We packed up our stuff and drove to Colorado, to be more specific, Elkins house.

We got there and I picked the lock. We walked inside cautiously.

"Looks like the maid didn't come in today." Dean joked. Sam and I ignore the comment and kept looking around. I noticed a salt line on the ground.

"Hey, there's salt over here. Right beside the door." I said.

Dean was going through one of Elkins journal.

"You mean protection against demon salt, or 'oops I spilled the popcorn' salt." Dean asked.

"It's clearly a ring. You think this guy Elkins was a player?" Sam asked.

"Definitely." Dean replied.

Sam and I stand up and walk over to Dean.

"That looks like Dads." I said.

"Yeah but it goes back to the 60's." Dean replied. I shrug and look up to see the shadow of a man outside the cabin. I squinted and blinked but then the guy was gone. Sam and Dean walked into another room and I followed. They shined their flashlights at the ceiling to see that it had a hole.