Wendigo Part 2

I walked over to Avelyn and Grayson so Sam and Dean could talk.

"Hey Avelyn! What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Looking for Ethan of course." She replied.

"Oh. I thought you were going later?" I asked, trying to get her to reconsider going out there now.

"No way! He's my boyfriend I can just sit around and hope he comes back to me magically!" She exclaimed, sounding slightly frustrated.

Sam and Dean walked up to us.

"Sam. Dean. Avelyn, Grayson, and.." I stopped when I saw an older man get out of the truck as well.

"Who are you?" Dean asked.

"Name's Roy." The man replied

"I hired him to come with us to look for Ethan." Avelyn added.

"Oh." Dean said. Roy turned to Avelyn

"I'll tell you again. I don't think it's safe to take Grayson with us. It's not safe." Roy said.

"NO! Ethan's my brother I'm going with you." Grayson shouted. Roy said nothing and Grayson stomped to the truck to get his stuff.

"You guys got room for three more?" Dean asked.

"Wait you guys want to come with us?" Avelyn asked surprised.

"Yeah of course." I replied.

"Wait who are these guys?" Roy asked.

"Apparently this is all the park service could muster up for the search and rescue." Grayson said sarcastically.

Sam and Dean glared at him but I smirked. It's nice to know that someone could be as sarcastic as me.

"You're rangers?" Roy questioned.

"Yep. And Katie is in training." Sam answered.

"And you're hiking out in biker boots and jeans?" Avelyn asked.

"Well sweetheart, I don't do shorts." Dean replied passing Avelyn.

"What you think this is funny? It's dangerous back country out there. Her boyfriend and his brother could be hurt." Roy exclaimed, gesturing to Avelyn and Grayson.

"Believe me, we know how dangerous it is out there. We just want to help find Ethan that's all." I replied, walking past Roy and heading towards the trail.

Later

We've been hiking for a couple hours. Roy in the front, Then Avelyn and Dean, then Sammy, and lastly me and Grayson. He doesn't talk much.

"So are you close with your brother?" I asked Grayson trying to break the awkward silence.

"Yeah we're all very close. Avelyn is practically family to us." Grayson replied.

"Yeah, me and my brothers are very close too." I said.

We walked in silence for a few minutes before Grayson asked "So what are you guys really doing out here?"