Illinois

"No, Dad was in California last we heard from him. We just thought...he comes to you for 'munitions....maybe you've seen him in the last few weeks. Just, call us if you hear anything." Sam said and hung up the phone.

"Caleb hasn't heard anything either?" I asked.

"Nope, neither has Jefferson or Pastor Jim." Sam said.

"Anything in his journal?" Dean asked.

"No, I love him but he writes like Yoda." I said. Sam chuckled. I was kind of a nerd when it came to Star Wars.

"You know maybe we should call the feds, file a missing persons report." Sam suggested.

"No. Dad would kill us if we put the feds on his tail." Dean said.

We pulled into a hotel parking lot and Dean went to get a room. Sam turned around in the car.

"You think he's dead?" Sam said bluntly.

"What! No! Sammy why would you say that! Dad isn't dead." I said.

"We don't know that for sure." Sam said. Dean started walking back. I got out of the car and walked over to Dean.

"You look pissed, Kat. What's wrong." Dean asked.

"Ask Sam." I said. I snatched the keys from Dean and went to the room. I dropped my bag on the floor and went to wash my face. I came out and Sam was sitting on the bed.

"Where's Dean?" I asked.

"Went out to get food." Sam replied.

"Oh." I said.

"Listen, I'm sorry about what I said in the car. I'm just worried." Sam said.

"No I get it, I'm sorry I snapped at you like that." I said.

"So we're cool?" Sam asked.

"Yeah." I said smiling. Dean came back with food and we ate.

"I think I found a case." Dean said.

"Where?" I asked.

"I got a text, coordinates." Dean replied.

"Where?" I asked.

"Rockford, Illinois." Dean replied.

"Well you got a text so that means he's okay right, or at least not dead." I said.

"Lets go." Dean said. I grabbed my bag and we left... again.

We pulled up to the coroners office.

"So this cop just shot his wife, and then himself?" I asked an officer who was standing outside. Sam and Dean went outside and since I was their "Intern" I stayed out here and practiced "interrogation"

"Yeah, him and his partner were on call at the Roosevelt Asylum." The officer replied.

"Really. Did he ever act strange before if was it completely unexpected?" I asked.