Kittanning Pensylvania

I heard the door to our motel room open. Everything was still dark but I was wide awake. I looked over and saw Dean's hand move under his pillow, I knew that's where he kept his knife. The light turned and Dean sat up quickly to see Sam, holding coffee and breakfast.

"Morning sunshine." Sam said smiling.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"About five-forty five." Sam replied. Dean groaned.

"In the morning?" Dean asked.

"Oh no Dean we slept all day so Sam could bring us coffee and pastries at five at night." I said to Dean sarcastically. I smiled at him with a devilish grin.

Dean bitchfaced me. I laughed at him.

"Where does the day go." Dean said still looking at me.

"Did you get any sleep?" Dean asked Sam.

"Yeah I grabbed a couple hours." Sam replied.

"Liar, 'Cause I was up at three and you were watching a George Foreman infomercial." I said.

"Hey what can I say it's reveting TV." Sam replied.

"When was the last time you got a good nights sleep?" Dean asked concerned.

"I don't know, a little while, I guess. It's not a big deal." Sam said to Dean.

"Yeah, it is." Dean said.

"Look, I appreciate your concern —" Sam started but was cut off by Dean, "Oh, I'm not concerned about you. It's your job to keep me and Katie's ass alive, so we need you sharp."

I laughed. Sam shrugged.

"Seriously are you still having nightmares about Jess?" Dean asked.

"Yeah. But it's not just her. It's everything. I just forgot, you know? This job man, it gets to you." Sam said. He wasn't wrong.

"You can't let it. You can't brig it home like that." Dean said. He wasn't wrong either.

"So, what? All this...it never keeps you guys at night?" Sam asked us. He walked over and pulled Deans knife out from under his pillow.

"Nope." Dean said, "And that's a precaution." He defended.

"What about you Katie?" He asked. I do get scared, that's why I get sarcastic. It really a stupid philosophy. When I get scared, I start challenging whatever scares me to show that i'm not scared, when I really am.

"Nope." I replied.

"You guys are never afraid?" He asked again surprised.

"Nope:" Dean and I said in unison.

"Alright whatever I'm too tired to argue." Sam said. Just then, Deans phone rang.

"Hello?" Dean said. I got up and went to take a shower and get dressed. I walked out and Dean was done on the phone.

"Who was that?" I asked while brushing my hair and throwing it into a ponytail.