Lake Manitoc

I was just peacefully sleeping in the car when the car horn went off. I jumped up frantically and looked around. I saw Dean in the drivers seat leaning on the wheel. He was looking back at me, smirking. I rolled my eyes.

"Asshole." I hissed under my breath.

I got out of the car with Sam and Dean and we walked into a hotel to get a room. We walked inside and i sat on a bed.

"Oh C'mon that was funny Kat." Dean said.

"No it really wasn't I was sleeping." I retorted.

"It was kinda funny, the way you jumped up." Sam said while chuckling. I glared at him.

"Alright grumpy go back to bed, we're gonna find a case." Dean said smirking again. I leaned back and as soon as my head hit the pillow I fell asleep.

A couple hours later

I was on my side facing away from Sam and Dean. I opened my eyes and listened in on their conversation.

"Sophie Carlton - died in a tragic swimming accident. Says she walked in but didn't walk out. Authorities dragged the water; nothing. Third drowning this year and none of the other bodies were found either. They had a funeral for her two days ago." Dean said.

"Funeral?" Sam questioned.

"Yeah, it's weird, they buried an empty coffin. For, uh, closure or whatever." Dean replied.

"Closure? What closure? People don't just disappear, Dean. Other people just stop looking for them." Sam said.

"Something you want to say to me?" Dean questioned.

"He means the trail for Dad. It's getting colder every day." I said as I sat up. I figured I had done enough eavesdropping for now.

"Well what are we supposed to do?" Dean asked.

"I don't know. Something. Anything." Sam replied.

I climbed out of the bed and went to grab some clean clothes. I pulled out some camo leggings and a plain grey t-shirt.

"So Lake Manitoc, Wisconsin?" I asked.

"Yep." Dean said.

I took a shower and got dressed, brushed my teeth and hair and put some shoes on and we got into the car and drove to Wisconsin.

Later that day

We finally passed the sign that said WELCOME TO LAKE MANITOC, WISCONSIN. We got to the Carlton house. Sam and Dean got out of the car.

"Katie. I mean it. Don't get out of the car for anyone or anything ya hear me." Dean said.

"Yeah I know what to do." I said and they walked up to the front door of the house. Mr. Carlton opens the door and lets them in. I sighed. I wished I could go in with them more. I pulled out my iPod and headphones. I noticed the EMF meter was going crazy but I figured the power lines were messing with it so I left it alone. I started playing "Carry on Wayward Son" by Kansas and just sat there, waiting for Sam and Dean to come back. They walked out of the door a few minutes later with Mr. Carlton and a younger boy who looked to be around Sophie's age. They talked for a few minutes before coming back to the car.