Home

It had been about a month since the whole shapeshifter case. My leg was getting better. I was able to walk on it without crutches but it still hurt occasionally. I was doing some physical exercises in the motel room when my leg cramped up.

"Damn it!" I cursed. Sam came up to me.

"Hey Katie. Don't worry you'll be back on your feet in no time." Sam reassured.

"Poor choice of words Sammy." I smirked. Sam looked at me.

"Sit down Katie. Do the ones where you don't have to walk on it." Sam said. He grabbed my shoulders and helped to the bed.

"I want to go out and hunt with you guys. You've ganked Hook Man and some weird Native American curse. I want to get back in it." I whined.

"I know but there's no point in getting back into it before you're fully recovered, you could hurt yourself again." Sam said, concerned.

I groaned. "Get me a belt." I said. Sam stood up and walked to the closet. Dean walked in.

"Hey Kat. How's the therapy going?" Dean asked.

"It sucks." I said. Sam walked back over with a belt.

"Here ya go." Sam said. I took the belt and started using it to bend my leg.

"I'm going on the next hunt." I said. They looked at me.

"There's nothing you cane do about it. My legs almost completely healed and I'm sick of being on research duty." I whined.

"We could've just dropped you at Bobby's." Dean said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes.

Sam sat on the other bed and started drawing on a notepad. About 10 minutes later I was done with physical therapy and sat next to Sam. He wrapped an arm around my shoulder while holding the notepad in his other hand, staring at it intently.

"Why'd you draw a tree?" I asked.

"I don't know but it looks very familiar." Sam said. I shrugged and leaned against his shoulder.

"All right. I've been cruisin' some websites. I think I found a few candidates for our next gig. A fishing trawler found off the coast of Cali –- its crew vanished. And, uh, we got some cattle mutilations in West Texas." Dean said. I nodded but Sam didn't look up from his drawing.

"Hey." Dean said while snapping his fingers at Sam. Sam looked up, confused.

"Am I boring you with this hunting evil stuff?" Dean asked.

"No, I'm listening. Keep going." San said. He stared at his picture again.

"And, Here, in Sacramento, a man shot himself in the head, three times." Dean said. Sam wasn't paying attention again. I nudged him.

"Hm?" He said.

"Dude." I said. He was clearly out of it.

Sam glanced at the notepad again, "Wait I've seen this before." Sam said. His arm left my shoulder and went to the notepad. I decided to go to the bathroom and take a shower. I heard Sam and Dean talking through the wall.