Safe Returns

Ben's POV
After making contact we prepare to land on Naboo.

I see my mother run out on to the platform and smile at me.

The ship lands and I climb out.

"Ben." My mom rushes over and hugs me. "Are you okay? Did they hurt you?"

"Mom I'm fine. No they didn't. Rey wouldn't hurt me."

"Ben, Rey isn't Rey anymore."

"I know there's still light in her. It was Snoke who changed her. We have to make her remember."

"He changed her memories?" Luke asks approaching.

"Yeah, I know her old ones are trapped inside. I taught her how to lock them, so she just needs to be triggered and she had been multiple times." I tell them.

"Then it will only take some time before she's back." Luke says and hugs me.

"But what if she doesn't?" Mom counters.

"Then we do what we must." Luke frowns.

"I can't kill her. I won't." I tell them.

"If you can't, I will." Mom offers up.

"I won't let you hurt her." I eye her.

"What are you going to do? Kill your mom protecting Rey?" Luke asks.

I stay quiet as well as my mom.

"It won't come to that." I whisper.

"It better not." She says back and turns and walks away.

"Don't make the same mistake again." Luke puts his hand on my shoulder. "This is why attachments are forbidden by the way. They cloud our views and judgement." He walks away too.

I stand on the platform and Sassy comes over. "Here's this." She hands me the lightsaber.

"Thanks. I'll see you alright?"

"Definitely." She smiles and walks off with her ponytail swaying behind her. " Let's do it again sometime!"

I smile and shake my head then her a woman shout my name

"Ben!" I see Alexa basically charging at me and I open my arms preparing for impact with a smile.

She jumps and wraps her legs around me. "Ben, you're alright." She says breathlessly in my ear. "Oh my maker, I missed you."

"I missed you too." I hold her tightly.

Palbi's POV
We board my shuttle and get the Finalizer's coordinates. As we prepare for lift off we receive an incoming video call.

"Yes?" I answer it.

"Ren, the unrequested departure you warned us about has happened." Mitaka tells me.

"What?!" I force grab his throat. "That should have been cancelled."

"We- we tracked the- the tie fi-fighter." He chokes out.

I release him. "Good, send me the coordinates."

"Yes, right away, sir."

"Put me through to Snoke."

"Yes sir." The video becomes blurry and Snoke cuts into the call.

"What is it Ren?" He asks angrily.

"I have good and bad news."

"Good news first, make it quick."

"I have found an appertince on Raada. She has force powers and I've named her Darth Yerha."

"Very good, you shall begin training her right away. Prepare her to face your knights."

"Very well Supreme Leader."

"The bad news?"

"Ben Solo has escaped capture, but we have tracked his coordinates. I can go and destroy the Resistance-"

"You can't destroy them by yourself." He sneers. "Train your appertince, build a base, stall the Resistance from gathering their forces and when our new weapon is ready we shall destroy them once and for all."

"Yes Supreme Leader." I bow my head and the call fades back to Mitaka. "Is that all?" I ask.

"Sassy helped Ben escape."

I withdraw my saber and scream in rage and slice through the panels next to it.

Once I destroy the panel I look back at a frozen stiff Mitaka. "Send me those coordinates, make sure the tracker on that ship stays on at all times." I say and end the call.

The ship jumps to lightspeed and I head into a back room.

How fucking dare she help the enemy! I trusted her! I opened up to her!

"Traitor!" I scream and ignite my saber once more. I slash away at the wall turning it into an glowing site of anger.

"Ren?" Nines opens the door.

"Get out!" I growl and point my saber at him. He runs out and I force close the door. I slump to the ground.

I can't trust anyone anymore.

A/N: Short chapter I know, I'm sorry, but hey it's like a decent filler right?

Shout out to thelastsithIam for helping me brainstorm this chapter that leads into the chapter!