Into Battle

Yerha's
"What do you mean the work is stalled?!" I shout at a useless officer.

"The rest of the Starkiller Base plans were lost in the battle." He says quietly.

"Well how did you build it before?"

"We had old archives from the Empire and-"

"Let me guess! Lost in the battle?"

He nods. "We would need to go to where the other plans are kept."

"And where would that be?"

"On-" The door opens, interrupting the officer. "On Eadu."

"Very well. Send a team. Recover the data pads you need." I shoo him off and proceed over to where Halo now stands. "Captain." I address her.

"Another bump General?" She asks.

"Yes. The work is so close to being done, but these incompetent fools!" I shout and look to those still in the command bridge. "Can't do there jobs."

"Well you may be glad to hear that a distress signal was sent out from the rebel's Crait base, so we should be pulling in some of their fleet."

"And the Walkers are ready?"

"Already engaged on ground assault." Captain Halo informs me.

"At least you can control your troops." I look out the window into emptiness. 

"Don't blame their failures on yourself." She brushes my back. "They'll fear you too one day."

"I'll make sure to give them reason too." I ignite my saber and admire the red glow. "Prepare my ship!" I shout my command. "We have a battle to win." I close my saber and leave Captain Halo.

Ben's POV
Ski speeders zoom off across the setting sun and I know Poe is leading them off on a mission.

I pull Rey closer to my chest, glad we are free from the war, at least for a couple days, before we have to go hide again.

"Thank you for dinner." Apollo says coming down the ramp from the Falcon.

"You're welcome." Rey replies. "Get enough to eat?"

"Yes."

"How bout you get ready for bed with Kayla and I'll read you a bed time story." I offer.

"Okay." He smiles and runs back.

"Hmmmm. I kind of want to have one now. Even though I told you I wasn't ready." Rey says.

"Really?" I ask surprised.

"Yeah." She replies. "He's easier to take care of then I thought."

"Plus we have Kayla." I add in.

"Yeah. Maybe after we get married."

I give her a squeeze. "Sounds good to me."

The sky fades to a dark blue, then black and we head inside.

Apollo is tucked in and eagerly waiting for me to tell him a story.

After I finish, he gives a sleepy yawn. "Are we going to stay here a while?" He asks.

"Just a few days." I tell him, even though I'm unsure myself.

"When will you and mom get married?"

"Maybe on the next planet we visit."

"Or when we finally work out the details." Rey says from the doorway. I turn and smile at her from where I sit. "Can I get a bed time story?"

"Sure." I smile and she comes in. "Good night Apollo." She kisses his forehead. "Don't let the wampas bite."

"I hope that a wampa wouldn't be in here to bite me." Apollo giggles.

"Night son." I kiss his forehead next.

"Night mom, night dad."

I take Rey's hand and she leads me to the doorway. "Sweet dreams." She adds in and turns off the light.

"Kayla went to bed already." She tells me, as we enter the living area.

"I figured."

We begin to lay out our blankets to sleep on and little snores can be heard from Apollo.

"I'll get the pillows." Rey whispers and heads to the supply closet.

I finish with the blankets and Rey returns, throwing a pillow at my face.

"Hey." I whisper shout.

"Sorry did I mess up your hair?" She teases.

I roll my eyes, shaking my head. "No, but I want to mess up yours." I get into our make shift bed.

"Ben, not tonight. Especially on the floor in the middle of the ship where we could wake Apollo."

"We could be quiet." I reply. "Oh wait, that might be a problem for you."

"Is that a challenge?" She turns the lights off.

"Maybe." I feel her crawl into bed.

"Challenge denied." I hear the smirk in her tone.

Halo's POV
"Captain?" A trooper approaches me.

"Yes?"

"Can you approve this team for the Eadu data file recovery mission?" He holds out a data pad.

I take it and glance down the list. "Add an elite trooper to take control. We can't afford to lose those data pads. Grab all you can find, broken or working."

"Yes, ma."

I hand the data pad back.

"Depart when ready."

"Right away." He nods.

A/N: Sorry it's a short chapter. Can't find the right way to continue this chapter, so I decided to end it here, but that means I'll start working on the next.
Also my cat, Midnight (aka Lord Vader), passed away today, so I want to dedicate this chapter to her. I believe she is the cat who has seen The Force Awakens the most times and I won't forget the time she stole 2 of my goldfish crackers during one of our Star Wars marathons 😂 Ate one while I was looking right at her. No cares givens.

I love you Midnight