The Race Is On

A/N: This was written before The Last Jedi, but it wasn't finished, so the death in this chapter. (Yeah I killed another) Had already been planned and had already been hinted at! So yes I predicted this death.

Rose's POV
I had sped away as fast as I could, as far as I can go.

Now as I prepare to crash on Canto Bight, all I can do is hope to survive.

"I love you Paige." I say out loud to myself and brace for impact.

Poe's POV
"You got the map BB-8?" I ask jumping into my X-wing.

He beeps back checking it's correct.

"Yes the largest one you could find."

He questions my intentions with it, since it isn't an exact location.

"Because I know if I was able to hunt down Luke Skywalker, I can find Rey and Ben." I raise the X-Wing.

Leia's POV
I was so foolish to send him into battle.

He was old, brittle. Hell even I have trouble keeping up in battle, that's why my place had became the Bridge and Command Center.

I sit down on my bed and begin taking the pins out of my hair. 

Luke is gone... I should have never sent him.

Rey's POV

I go to the huts near where the caretakers of the island stay.

Ben went to go bury Kayla next to Apollo and I couldn't bear going to his grave again.

I start a fire and find a blanket on the make shift bed.

Ben enters after about 30 minutes of me sitting alone thinking and listening to the sounds of porgs.

Jak follows him in and comes over to me, cuddling up next to me.

"You stole my spot." Ben tells Jak and sits across from me.

"Are you cold?" I ask Ben, who shakes his head.

He hesitated before saying, "Did you shut yourself off from the force?"

"What?" I look at him.

"I'm having trouble sensing you, but our force bond is helping me find you."

"I don't know. I remember just wanting to be alone after..." I trail off.

"I know, but you shouldn't have even thought about being alone after that. I'm always here for you." Ben tells me. "You're never alone."

"Neither are you." I get up and go over, sitting on his lap and he wraps his arms around me.

Rose's POV
"Hey." A man's rough voice wakes me up. "Hey, you alright?"

I blink my eyes and observe the night sky, realizing I didn't die. "Where am I?"

"Canto Bight." He tells me and I turn to see the glittering city lights. "Look I know you crash landed here and all, but we have strict rules about where you can park your ship, so I'm going to have to call this in. Stay here and I'll call a medic too." He gets up to leave me.

I see him turn a corner and quickly unbuckle myself, leaving the crash behind me.

I run to the nearest stairs and continue running until I see a crowd of people.

Finally slowly I look down at my burned clothes and only see a few scratches.

I need to blend in, but I have no money. I think to myself.

I walk into the crowd of people and immediately someone hands me an empty drink glass and tips me a coin.

"Well there's a start." I say and begin collecting empty glasses and on my receiving tips from the occasional drinker who has hand too much, but is having a good night at the casino.

Hours pass and suddenly I see the man who woke me again.

I drop my current glasses and run with my coins in my pocket jiggling.

I bump into a lady who glares at me.

"Sorry, ladies room?" I ask and she points over her shoulder. "Thanks." I run off again.

Once inside I take a stall and begin counting my coins.

I should be able to afford a dress and look like I belong, and still have some gambling money.

Poe's POV
"Yeah I know buddy." I tell BB-8. "I miss Finn too."

I enter the cantina and BB-8 goes to find a charge.

"You hear?" I over hear a known smuggler say to one of his friends. "First Order is looking for the original Death Star plans."

"Why?" The friend asks back.

"Resistance hacked in and stole their new base plans. Closest they can get is the old Death Star."

"Well that's a big step back."

"Yeah, but lucky for us in two ways."

"Go on." The friend hisses.

"They can't blow up planets currently and that means we have a new job."

I fully turn in my seat to see them.

"The job is", he continues, "finding the Death Star plans."

"I know where those are." The friend smirks.

"I already checked Eadu." He sneers, "But I did find a clue a there."

"What did you find?"

"A certain smuggler ship gone Rebel Alliance, was there."

"How do you know the Falcon was there?" He angrily whispers.

"I have my sources." He smirks. "So now we just need to find out who has it and where they are."

"I'm in." He smiles. "Sounds like quite the adventure and quite the pay out."

Rey and Ben.

I get up and rush to leave the cantina. "BB-8. Come in. Whatcha got?"

He beeps that he found nothing.

"Get back to the ship, I got a lead." I run full speed to the ship.

The race to find Rey and Ben is on.

Yerha's POV
"What do you mean the traitors, Rey and Ben, have the plans?!" I yell at the General.

"We received the same tip from multiple sources, a few who have proven to be loyal."

The doors open and Captain Halo walks in, with a pair of stormtrooper carrying an unconscious officer.

"What now?" I sigh angrily.

"We found a certain traitor." She pulls the officer cap off of the man.

I recognize him, but from where?

"FN-2187." She tells me and I smile.

"Put him in a cell, we'll be needing him."

A/N: There will be one more chapter, but after that, this book is most likely over. Please continue to follow as to hear when the next book is released.