The New General

Ben's POV
I land the Falcon slowly with a thump.

A small creature is quick to fly near the window and land on top of us.

I look out at the green and see another small one with big eyes staring at me.

It ducks and waddles away and a few more follow.

The last time I had seen this place, I didn't have the chance to land actually.

I stand and go to Kayla, who tends to Rey.

"She hasn't woken up yet, but she has stirred some." Kayla tells me already knowing I was going to ask.

"Thank you." I say and sit down next to her. 

I take her hand in mine and rub my thumb on the back. 

"How bad is it?" I ask softly. 

"I'm no doctor, but I know some about nursing. She had a lightsaber cut to her forearm, I wrapped it and put some medicine on it, but it looks like it'll need to be cleaned again. Also, she was hit it the head, I'd guess fairly hard, judging by the bruise, maybe a mild concussion. "

"And the baby?" 

"There's no way to tell until Rey wakes up. She was probably exhausted so that may be a couple more hours." She tells me and brushes back a piece of Rey's hair. "I think I'll go get some fresh air if that's alright with you."

"Yeah it should safe." 

Kayla gives me a small, sad smile and stands leaving us. 

I hear the ramp lower and her footsteps echo, as she exits. 

"Hey beautiful." I greet a sleeping Rey. "You're safe now... We're safe now."

Poe's POV 

"General Organa?" I knock on the room I was told she was. 

"I know." She says, as I crack the door open. "I know." She repeats herself slightly louder. "I felt it." 

"What is your next command General?" I ask into the darkness. 

I hear shuffling and she appears in the light and I open the door more, letting her pass me. 

"Poe, I think it's becoming known that my time as general is coming to an end. My emotions have been clouding my judgement."

"General-"

She raises a hand stopping me. "Poe, my family drama has been going on for quite some time, there's no reason to cover it up anymore." She sighs and turns her back and begins walking away. 

I follow out of instinct and we walk to the Command Bridge silently. 

The door opens and everyone turns their attention to her. 

"General Organa, I'm sorry, but the prisoner-" Once again, she holds up her hand stopping the officer. 

"I have some news for everyone." She begins. "I will be stepping down as your leading general. " A quiet gasp can be heard. "General Dameron will now be leading the Rebellion."

"General-" I try to interfere. 

"General Dameron, please." She silences me. "From now on I will be around, because this is my family and you will have my full support. I will just not be in charge, or a leader figure anymore. General Dameron will now be giving all the orders." 

And just like that, the General was no longer the General and I could hear Lor San Tekka back on Jakku the night of his death. 'To me she's royalty'. To me she's General.  

Finn's POV

We made it to our room, which luckily had a computer for hacking. 

"Okay Miss Tech, I'm going need to need help with this one." I call Rose over. "First I need you to hack into this computer, then into the database and give us new identies." 

"Okay." She comes over and stares down the computer.

"You can do this right?" I ask after a minute of watching her have a staring contest with it.

"Yes. It may take a few hours, but yes."

"Well we have all night. We'll probably have some type of officer duties in the morning."

"Not if I can help it." She begins typing and the computer lets her in.

"How'd you do that?" I ask.

"Well after realizing the model and type, I just had to recall the overwrite code. It did take me about 30 seconds though to decide which model was correct though. First Order sure does like repeating there designs."

"Yeah, makes an assembly line easier." I tell her.

"I bet." She begins typing away after the screen loads.

I watch for a couple seconds before she stops and turns to me in the chair. "You can go relax, I won't be needing your help. All I ask is that you let me wake up on my own since I don't know if I'll get to bed at a decent time."

"Okay. I'll let you work your magic." I say and go to lay on the bed.

Rey's POV
"BEN!" I jump awake, searching for him, but find him immediately at my side.

"Rey, you're okay." He brushes a strand of hair from my face.

"Where are we?" I ask, noticing we are in the Falcon, so we must be landed somewhere. "What happened?"

"We're on Ach-To. You fought Yerha. Do you remember that?"

I remember Apollo dying in my arms and feel my heart begin to sink. I nod.

"I know." He tells me. I look down at my lap. "I know." He rubs my back.

The tears begin to burn my eyes and I can't stop them.

He's dead, he's never coming back.

A/N: Sorry to end on a sad note.

Anyone surprised by Leia's action?

Also, go check out my new book out now!