Preparations

A/N: this is like a filler chapter and doesn't have any Rey or Ben POV, but is still important. There's some new characters and this leads to new drama as well. Enjoy

PS: There's spoilers at the end of this chapter for the upcoming chapters!

Poe's POV
"Black Leader they're on the horizon." Alexa informs in.

"Okay squad, aim for the knees and necks of these metal beasts." I tell them.

BB-8 beeps about the absence of tie fighters.

"That's right buddy." I confirm. "The blindside are the sides, stay away from directly in front of them."

"Looks like they were only prepared for a ground assault." Red 5, Collin, speaks up.

"Good thing we have the best on our side." I smirk as we head for battle straight on. "Get ready to break formation and take evasive maneuvers."

An At-At shoots showing us as far as they can shoot for the moment.

"Couple hundred yards." Alexa tells me.

Few seconds pass, as my heart picks up speed. "Now!" I shout and the team splits into action.

I swerve around a shot aimed for me and Alexa does a quick flip, cutting close to me. "I see you Black Leader."

I shake my head at her close call.

"Ground reinforcements are arriving Black Leader." Red 6, Hannah speaks up.

"Red 3, Red 6. Cover them."

"On it." Red 3, confirms.

"Got it."

They both fall back to begin protecting the ground troops.

Leia's POV
"There's a sense of darkness here... The girl Rey trained is here." I tell Luke, as we stare out from our bunker on Crait. "We need to kill her, find Ben, and this whole war will end."

"This is not going to go the way you think." Luke counters.

"She was trained by your old padawan, how strong can she be?" I shrug off his warning.

"I can feel the raw energy pouring off of her."

"There's a difference between raw energy and raw power." I remind him.

"Yes, but both turned dark." He turns from me to leave.

I grab his wrist. "Where are you doing?" I demand.

"Going to kill her like you asked."

I raise an eyebrow. "But you just-"

"Yes, I know. The future is uncertain, but if she is anything like Ben, she needs to be stopped and if anyone has the power-"

"It's you."

He nods. "Guess I'm your only hope." He smirks.

He smile and embrace my brother.

I feel his metal hand rub my back.

"Come home safe." I whisper.

"I promise we will find Ben when this is all done." He whispers back then pulls away.

I nod and give a sad smile. "May the force be with you."

He nods and pulls the hood of his poncho up.

Luke's POV
I enter the small hangar of the hidden bunker and see my ship waiting for me.

I run my hand along the X-wing and a familiar beeping noise catches my attention.