Crait

A/N: Chapter dedicated to Ikin-ikonic. A new reader who is blowing up my notifications! Thanks :)

PS: Song of the chapter is at the end (so I don't give anything away) and it's not Star Wars, but I listened to this song while writing the end of this chapter and it just fits so perfectly that it had to be this song. I hope you all like the song choice.

Poe's POV
Another AT-AT falls to the ground and I round the wreckage.

"Black Leader." An officer comes over the headset. "We could use some help up here. Think your squadron can finish without you?"

"We got it Poe." Alexa comes over.

"Nothing we can't handle." Red 4 confirms.

"Okay team, Alexa is in charge. Black Leader pulling out. Good luck!" I pull my ship further away from the ground's surface and an AT-AT begins attempting to shoot me, but Red 3 keeps it busy.

"We got it. Go on Black Leader." Red 3 tells me.

"Thanks." I speed faster, until I see the First Order fleet in view.

A Tie Slicer and a pair of Tie Fighters zoom past me and I get a quick glimpse of our hidden symbol before the pilot takes out 2 ties on it's own and their help takes out another.

"Alright who's in the slicer?" I ask.

I hear whoever clear their throat. "Hey Poe, long time no see."

"Ben?" I ask.

He chuckles. "Yeah it's me."

"What are you doing here?" I ask and follow him.

"Long story."

"Fleet under attack in the hangar!" Someone shouts into their mic.

"Stop them from sending in reinforcements!" We are instructed.

"Alright you heard them." I say.

"Let's take out as many as we can." Ben replies.

Rey's POV
"General, a First Order command shuttle has landed in our hangar." An officer tells Leia.

Leia looks at me then back at her people. "Alert the squad and instruct them to stop reinforcements." She turns to leave. "And make sure Rey doesn't try anything."

Leia leaves the room and I attempt to stand.

A guard behind me shoves me down and I land on my side.

"Stay down." He instructs.

I stay laying down on my side and take deep breathes.

I close my eyes and feel the cuffs around my wrists with my fingers.

My fingers begin working on the wiring within the cuffs and I feel the force shift around me.

I sit up and look at my guard who eyes me.

Any passerby would assume I'm just staring him down, but my next planned move is my secret game changer.

"You will uncuff." I speak soft enough for only him to hear.

"I will uncuff you." He helps me up and uncuffs me.

I turn and see no one aware of me escaping.

I walk casually out of the room then break into a run once out.

I round the final corner into the hangar and see a group of stormtroopers. Panic sets and I force push out of instinct.