Goodbye

Hey guys :) it's great to be back. However welcome to the last chapter on Swing :(
I'm disappointed that this book is coming to an end, but I'm proud of how far it's gone, considering that I starting writing it years ago. This chapter isn't going to be very long but just bare with me.
Anyways enjoy the last chapter :)

"Ace thank you for coming. T-thanks for riding with me in the ambulance." Hayden said as we sat in the hospital room. I looked at him and back at his mom before speaking.
"Hayden, I'm sorry this is happening now. I'm sorry you have to go threw this right now." I whispered to him, his mom sat staring at the wall not comprehending us. Hayden sniffled and looked at his mom, I watched as a tear fell out of his eye. I hugged him, rubbing his back trying to comfort him. He stood up breaking my grasp and walked over beside his moms bed. He grabbed his moms hand and kissed it.
"Momma, I love you. I love you so much, please don't leave me now." He said crying. I started crying as well and tucked my knees into Hayden's sweatshirt that I was wearing. She looked up at him and smiled before a tear left her eye and slid down her cheek.
"Hayden I love you so much baby. Do big things for me okay?"she said.
"Yes ma'am." Hayden said. Just then Kila came running in and rushed to her mothers side.
"Guys I'm going to step out. Take your time." I said walking out of the room. I stood outside the room waiting on Hayden to come out and ask me to come back in the room.
After fifteen minutes I finally sat down on the floor. I watched the nurses and doctors walk by. One nurse went into the room and still hasn't come out. I heard some talking in the room and foot steps heading towards the door. I held my head down until the door opened and Hayden approached me.
Not speaking he held out his hand to me and I took it. He pulled me too my feet. He stared at me before pulling me into a hug and quietly sobbing into my shoulder.
"Haye, you'll make it through this I promise, I know it's hard." I whispered in his ear. He nodded his head and hugged me tighter.
"Kila is going to spend some alone time with her, for like thirty minutes, can we go get some food? I haven't eaten since we left the graduation." Hayden said pulling out of my hug. He looked at me then down the hall and we started walking.
"I hate to ask but, she. Does the doctor think...?" I asked trying to hint without bringing it up. I know it hurt Hayden the worst, he was the closest to her, shit she practically raised me as well.
"He thinks maybe another twenty four hours- or less ." He choked out. I sighed as we entered the cafeteria.
It smelled of medicine, and fast food. We walked over and got our plates and got in line behind the many people. I decided to make conversation and try to cheer him up.
"So Auburn... why'd you chose it?" I asked inching closer to him.
"Auburn, I chose it because I knew that even if I was the only one from our hometown going there that it would always remind me of back home, because it was a school that everyone raved about, everyone congratulated me and told me how good of a school it was, I'm just excited to be playing ball with them. Even if I don't enjoy it, I can always transfer after two years, which I doubt I will but it's always an option." He rambled. I smiled as we continued to walk towards the lunch lady with the chicken nuggets and fries.
"Auburn is a hell of a good school, it was always my dream school, but so was UCLA and now I can study journalism like I wanted to when we were younger. I remember you told me that I could write sport articles and come to all of your MLB games because you would make them give me free entry. " I laughed remembering the good days.
"Oh yeah I remember..." He said with a slight chuckle. He ate a nugget and looked back up at me before opening his mouth like he was going to speak but he didn't.
I continued to eat and looked at the way his hand was sitting on the table, it wasn't as tan as it usually was, the freckles on his hands stood out a little more. You could tell he was down. I probably looked the same.
"Why does this have to be so fucking awkward." Hayden said interfering my thoughts. I looked at him confused before he pointed his finger at me then back to himself. "Why do we have to be so awkward around each other. I get it, it's a sad time, I can't stop it. I mean yeah I want to fall on the ground and cry my eyes out until she gets better but it doesn't work that way. I miss us. I miss our relationship and I really fucking miss our friendship. Hell I'd do anything to be able to tap on your window just when I wanted to see you, or walk out on my porch in the middle of the night and hear you smashing the softballs over the fence. I miss watching you climb over my fence just to sneak through my bedroom window to see me at night. I miss us. We stopped being us after the 'break' that I wanted but Ace, that was the stupidest thing I've ever done. I-I was so stupid." Hayden said with Tears in his eyes. I sat with wide eyes and my mouth slightly opened. I was honestly shocked at what just came out of his mouth. I couldn't believe it.
"W-what? I-uh thought that y-you uh..." I wouldn't get the words out I don't know why.
"I thought I needed a break, but I was wrong, and I'm sorry. God I never meant to hurt you. I-" I stopped him as I spoke.
"It's Okay. I understand Hayden." I said with a smile.
"So, do you want to get back together?" He asked. I sighed and took a sip of my drink before speaking again.
"Hayden, I love you still but I just don't think that's a good idea, we are going to different colleges on the other side of the country from each other." I said.
"Oh no it's fine I get it, I wouldn't want to hurt you again." He whispered as he got up to get rid of his trash. I followed behind him after dumbing my trash. We slowly walked to the elevator not speaking to eachother. The elevator ride and the walk to the room was very quiet. We walked into the room to find Kayla sobbing over her mother. I rushed over to Kayla to pull her into a hug and she sobbed into my shoulder. Hayden grabbed his moms pale hand and kissed it.
"Mom?" He choked out.
"Hayden, Kayla...." she breathed out causing us all to turn our heads to her. She looked a Kayla first grabbing her hand.
"Kayla my first born baby," she paused and gave a weak smile. "I love you so much and I want you to do big things with life, work hard to achieve your dreams okay?"
"Yes ma'am I'll try my hardest, I love you mom." Kayla said.
"I love you too." She said. Kayla leaned down and kissed her cheek getting one in return. She turned to Hayden and grabbed his hand.
"Hayden my baby boy. I want you to do everything you can. I want you to accomplish all of your dreams as well. Go on do big things, enjoy college, and," she turned and looked at me. "take care of her, wether you guys are together or not watch over Ace. She's always been a great friend to you and an amazing girl." She smiled at me. Hayden looked at his mother and then at me.
"I will momma. I love you." He cried a little before kissing her cheek.
"I love you too my sweet child." She cried.
"Ace, you do amazing things as well tell your family I wish them all the best of luck and I hope you do amazing in college. I love you all so much." She said and I kissed her cheek as well.
"Don't cry over me kids I love you all so much." She said before swallowing slowly.
"I love you kids so much, don't forget that." She said again.
"Kayla I hope you have a bunch of kids and raise an amazing family. I love you baby girl." She then turned to us.
"Ace, Hayden, I love you both, Ace I love you as my own child. Hayden my sweet,sweet boy. Don't break her heart again please for me. I love you so much, I hope you both raise a beautiful family, wether it's together or not. I love you both."
She slowly closed her eyes and a tear left her eye.
"Hayden, Ace Do me a favor one day?"
"Yes?" We both said at the same time.
"Hit me a Home run"
________________________
Hey guys :) sadly (But finally) Swing has come to an end. I hope you guys enjoyed this sad but also relieving (for me) chapter. I hope you guys liked it. I know that this story is cringe asf, but I actually started writing it a few years ago, however you should check out my other story "The Boy in The Window" I am publishing new chapters on the as much as possible. I love you guys with all my heart
~Em