Theft

I walked down the street my MP3 in my pocket. I kinda wanted to pull it out to listen to music but then I'd have to stop and I was enjoying my walk.

The sun was warm and a gentle breeze slipped through my short (h/c) hair before dropping it again.

I sighed taking in a deep breath of the fresh air, it was good to get out.

Suddenly the sound of glass shattering made me jump and I stopped.

I heard the shuffling of something being shoved in a bag before it paused briefly and then it was shoved again before it stopped and the sound of foot steps started my way.

This was a theft, and they were headed towards me.

The foot steps were fast and I backed up only for something to wrap around my waist and then suddenly I felt weightless, only for a split second, and then my feet felt soft carpet under them and I was shoved back.

I gasped my feet stumbling to hold me up until I hit the front of a couch and fell into the cushions with a soft 'uff', instantly I sat up again.

"Move and I'll snap your neck." Someone said and I froze, it was a man's voice, deep, he must be about 5' 8" maybe even 6', also strong. I decided not to anger him and sat quietly. Slowly, I put my hands in my lap and kept my back straight as he shuffled around, he was wearing boots that thumped softly on the carpeted floor.

He placed his bag on a desk, it was a satchel judging by the clank of buckles and volume of the bag hitting wood.

I bit my lip starting to chew on the dead skin as he rummaged through the bag pausing briefly, probably to look my way, I remained still.

After he finished he came over and shoved his hands in either jacket pockets or pants pockets, I couldn't really tell which.

"Now to deal with you." He said exasperatedly and I kept my head bowed.

Suddenly hard fingers grabbed my chin cupping it in a large palm with a strange sort of dip. They had a hole in their palm.

I tensed slightly as they examined at me.

"How much did you see?"

Their breath was labored with the scent of smoke, and something else, vanilla?

"I-I didn't see anything." I stuttered truthfully, though I doubted he'd believe me since he hadn't guessed it already.

His hand tightened around my jaw as he stood straight forcing me to stand up.

"Don't lie to me."

"I'm n-not!"

He huffed through his nose before shoving me back down on the couch. I sat up again only to feel the cushions sink to my left, he'd sat down.

A tv turned on somewhere in front of me and I sat there confused.

"A-Aren't you going to...k-kill me? Or something?" I asked turning my head in his direction but he just shuffled, shrugging I guessed.,

"Eh, I'll do it tomorrow."

I frowned.

"You're, not going to kill me?"

"Not today."

"...w-why not?"

He shuffled, probably looking over at me.

"Well if you keep bothering me about it, I might."

"Sorry." I bowed my head again and he continued watching TV till he was bored.

"Hey."

I looked over at him.

"Who gave you that?"

I frowned in confusion.