Grillby's Bar

Asriel:

I sat at Grillby's bar, my arms on the counter.

"You must've p***ed him off badly to be here Asriel." He murmured handing me a bottle of wine.

"Let's just say there's been a miscommunication." I mumbled, popping off the cork and tipping the bottle to my mouth.

G hates wine, despises the dry taste, but it's better than the stench of beer, at least in my opinion. Scotch is a good drink though, at least we agree on that.

He stared at me for a minute, Jeez does this guy do anything else?

"(Y/n) mentioned his name didn't she?" He asked and I choked mid gulp.

"What the f***!?"

His yellow mouth dipped into a smile.

"Then you freaked out and left her with Sans."

My head was reeling, and not from the drink. I hated trying to figure out how the h*** he was doing that, and how I could make him stop, it never did anything.

"But He's not going to get mad by her just calling him by name, something happened before you dropped her off."

"I'm warning ya now, you better shut it or-"

"You don't intimidate me, Asriel." He told me flat out, stopping my hollow threat and leaving it hanging in the air like a wet towel against his blazing eyes.

"It must've been an accident. You wouldn't attack her even if she provoked you, and She's not the type to do that on purpose."

He served a few customers before polishing one of his shot glasses.

"She got hurt, and you got scared."

"I did not." I frowned but his expression only showed amusement.

"Then what are you doing here?"

I stamped out the growl in my throat. He had point, I never came here unless G begged/forced me to, or he was pissed at me.

"I just came by for a drink." I grumbled drinking more of my wine. "You gotta problem with that?" He shrugged.

"If you'd pay up instead of just adding it to 'G's' tab I wouldn't mind it as much." He said slowly, a small crackle in his voice.

I hated how smooth it was, it made my voice sound like it was still going through puberty.

I rolled my eyes and slid some bucks across the table.

He picked them up and put them in his pocket. "Thanks."

I mumbled a 'you're welcome' while looking around at the dance floor.

A few monsters were dancing drunk and making themselves look like imbeciles while a few actually danced pretty decent.

Grillby suddenly set my money back on the table and I rose a brow at him. He was smirking softly looking from me to the dance floor, someone with a hoodie was dancing and was actually doing pretty good. I snorted.

"No."

His smirk only grew as he slid down another few bucks in addition.

D*** him, d*** him and his persuasive bets, he didn't even have to say anything. I knew what he was thinking.

I was a good dancer, but he wanted to see me get showed up by some kid in a jacket, fat chance.

"D*** you." I grumbled at him setting down my own money to equal his.

Then I took a swig of my wine before stuffing my hands in my pockets walking over to the kid.

My walk was more swagger than walk, G hated it, but I liked the way I had a natural beat in my step, all monsters did, though some showed more than others.

I didn't even have to talk, I stopped a few feet away from my opponent with a smirk.

They stopped dancing and looked over at me before I saw a ghost of a smile under their hood.

They gestured for me to go first but I didn't move, I wanted to know what the h*** I'd just gotten myself into before making a fool of myself.

They waited a few more minutes as the dance floor cleared and some monsters and humans alike cheered us on yelling 'dance off'.

They shrugged since I wasn't moving and dropped on the beat.