Take Care

Asriel:

I strolled back over to Grillby. The kid's stage name was Shadow, made sense, they followed dances like a shadow.

I set down a couple of bucks. "G doesn't find out about tonight alright?" I asked looking over at him, he was smirking.

"I didn't have to say anything to him."
I paused at that, staring at him.

"Oh s*** he came by?"

He nodded, that made me wonder. "So why didn't he pummel me?" I asked and he looked at me as if the answer should be obvious. Oh, (y/n), right.

"Where is he?" I asked and he jutted his chin out the door. I left the money on the counter for him and went outside.

What I saw, I don't think I'll ever forget.
G was standing down the side walk his hands in his pockets looking like he'd seen a ghost. But what was even more shocking was the skeleton standing in front of him.

He was still wearing that stupid scarf he wore back in the underground. But he was dressed in a T-shirt, this guy! A T-Shirt!? He was also wearing jeans, and boots. He had a jacket over his shirt that made him look professional even with a T.

He also had his hands in his pockets and was staring right at G.

Neither of them moved for a long time and I felt like I was staring at statues when the Taller skeleton looked at me and smiled, it wasn't a wide obnoxious smile, it was small.

"Asriel, its good to see you again." My hands hung down at my sides but I brought them up to my hips as I walked over.

"Papyrus."

"How long has it been?" He asked and I winced a bit.

"Two years."

"You two have changed quite a bit, I suspect from the fuse."

G was shaking as I walked up. I wanted to snap him out of it, but I was already in enough trouble with him as it was.

"So have you." I frowned at him calmly as if bored. "Come on, G play along." I thought at him.

I glanced at G before looking back at Papyrus. He looked so serious compared to the loud skeleton back underground.

G finally straightened and his hands fell out of their pockets. "What are you doing here?" He asked, it was quieter than how he usually spoke.

"I came by to say hi to Grillby, and to thank his daughter. Those two have helped me a lot for the past year and I really appreciate it. Strange that I haven't seen you two around his place." He added when G hooked his thumbs in his front pockets.

"You were looking for us?" He asked sounding distant. I looked across the street.

"Why shouldn't I look for you? You're my brother Sans." He told him and took a couple of steps towards him.

"My name is G." He told him taking a step back.

I knew G wanted to run. He'd been running from Papyrus for two years and was just now being caught in the act.

Papyrus stopped moving and so did G. Papyrus's smile dropped and he looked sad.

"Why are you pushing everything away? Ever since we got up here it's like you've been trying to keep Sans in the underground." G frowned.

"So?"

Papyrus tensed.

"So?" He mimicked him but the tone was hurt, and even softer than G's.

"Why can't Sans enjoy the surface? Why can't he climb to the top of the mountain and see the stars just like he wanted to?"

G winced, Papyrus always had an annoying knack to remember a lot, but that was something I don't think even G would forget. It still was his dream even if he denied it.

"S-Shut up."

Papyrus and I both jolted at the harshness in his tone. He glared at him, he glared at Papyrus.

"You don't know me, you never did. Sans isn't in the underground." He told him and I frowned. "Sans is dead."

He spun on his heel as he walked down the opposite way as Papy. I watched the Taller skeleton's reaction, too stunned to move for a minute. He looked shattered that G would say such a thing.

Much to my surprise he didn't cry, he didn't walk away or do anything I thought he would. Instead, his old self broke out of his carefully built mold and he ran at G. He ran right passed me making goose bumps go up my arms, he'd gotten faster. Much faster.

He wrapped his arms around G from behind making him freeze, other than stumbling forward from the force of him running into him.

"YOU CAN'T SAY HE'S DEAD! EVEN IF YOU IGNORE IT, I CAN TELL HE'S STILL IN THERE! I CAN SEE HIM! I CAN SEE YOU! PLEASE SANS STOP PUSHING ME AWAY!" His eyes were watering but he refused to cry, not in front of G.

G stared forward in shock, he looked confused, angry but more importantly, He looked longing. He was fighting his own facade.