Let's go Home

I just sat in Sans's arms getting my bearings. It was cold, like it had been before I'd left Papyrus.

Sans was now Sans again. But there were apparently still some aspects of Gaster that would stay with him.

Though I'd noticed the changes in his personality almost immediately. Sans now made me laugh more often, having a joke or a pun up his sleeve at almost any time. Even though my sight was gone, I clung to image of Sans's face.

His white skull, his sky blue eyes. They were the most beautiful thing I could've asked to be the last thing I saw.

I didn't regret my choice. What was a little darkness if it meant I got my skeleton back? When the cold went away I heard Papyrus speak up.

"Gaster!? G! What?..."

"H-Hey..bro." There was silence as Sans gently set me on a couch. It was like my old couch, it even had a sagging cushion. There was a scuffling noise from Papyrus stumbling into Sans and the two sank to the ground on their knees.

"Sans...B-BROTHER! YOU CAME BACK!" I could hear the joy and disbelief in his voice and it made me tear up. Papyrus seemed more like himself, more so than when I'd first met him. Everything in the moment just felt...right.

"(Y/n), Gaster... SANS WHAT HAPPENED?" He asked and I scooted over onto the sagging cushion as they all sat down, explaining everything to Papy while Sans healed him.

We left the underground as if nothing had changed. But in fact. A lot had changed.

Sans squeezed my hand as we stood in the sun shine. His voice had gotten progressively deeper and he'd stopped wearing his leather jacket. But instead wore a soft jacket with a T-shirt. He kept his jeans and boots though, and wore his jacket around his hips once and a while.

"You think Asriel will still be able to handle me?" He asked in a joking tone. But I could tell his question was legitimate. I smiled.

"What's different? You're still you, even if you've got more jokes and a deeper voice." I told him gently and he cupped my cheeks.

"You mean a sexier voice." He whispered to me purposefully making his voice deeper.

This made my cheeks heat up, but I laughed.

"Y-Yeah, That. You're still you." I told him kissing his teeth.

He pulled me closer in a hug.

"Thanks Babe. For everything." He told me gently and I smiled.

"You're welcome, I LOVE you Sans."

"I LOVE you too, Kiddo."