The Truth

G:

My vision was fogged but when I heard (Y/n) scream I saw their forms in blurs of color, (Y/n) was a vibrant (e/c), and Gaster was purple.

My eye blazed in anger as she cried out in pain and my hand burned as I clenched it.

(Y/n)'s color faded to silver as the color went to Gaster right as I punched him.

I heard a crack and felt a bolt of pain in the side of my head as Gaster flew to the side, slamming into the wall. My side ached afterwards and I clutched it as did Gaster.

Then my vision cleared and I looked at him as he held something in his hands.
Gaster lunged at me shoving the glow into my mouth. I gagged but swallowed it.

Right after I did, something ripped away. I felt like my entire existence was being ripped in half, but I couldn't cry out. I just fell to the ground in a deafened thud.

Gaster shuddered harshly before standing to his full height. He wore a clean suit with a lab coat over it. Glasses were perched on his nose and he blinked at his hands before looking back at me. My eye was still burning as I struggled to my feet. I saw (y/n) staring in my direction, her wrists in chains. I growled walking over and ripped the chains off the wall.

"You chained her up!?" I yelled before my knees buckled, I was still too weak from everything to summon any attacks.

But I soon didn't care when (Y/n) fell to the ground with me clutching the sides of her head.

"(Y/n)! (Y/n)! What's wrong Babe?! Tell me what's the matter?!" I asked her, picking her up in my arms and holding her close.

Her eyes were fading to silver, but weren't they silver before?

"Sans..."

"Yeah? I'm right here."

"You...lied to me..."

I frowned.

"Lied? What the h*** are you talking abo-"

"You said your eyes were red."

I paused with a confused frown as she smiled and cupped my cheek.

"But they're a beautiful sky blue."

My eyes widened. She could see?! Tears fogged her eyes as they turned hazy grey and I cupped her cheek back.

"Wait! Wait! (Y/n)! You can see me?" I asked as Gaster walked up.

"Not anymore..she gave up her sight to give us both a second chance."

I glared up at Gaster as (Y/n) stared into space like she had before.

"What are you blabbering about!? What did you do to her!?"

Gaster sighed as he put his hands in his pockets.

"Pick her up, Sans. I'll explain everything." He told me and walked out of the room.

I looked at (Y/n) before breaking off the rest of the Chains and picking her up.
"It's ok, Baby. I've got you." I whispered to her. She was still crying, but a small smile was present on her lips.

I followed Gaster into a room that was less white than the others, this one had a couch in it, and a rocking chair. I found myself drawn to the couch as I sat down on the left side with (Y/n) laying in my arms.

Gaster took the rocking chair sitting in it comfortably.

"You've probably noticed that now you no longer like sitting in rocking chairs. That's because I have taken my half back. You are no long Gaster Sans, but merely Sans."

I looked at my hands. The holes were gone. I felt my skull but there were no cracks. However I felt the same height I'd always been. Or had been after Sans and Gaster has merged at least.

"But-"

"But You still resemble me in some ways. Those ways will not fade I'm afraid, for you see. The only reason I was able to extract myself from you was because I was part living, part dead. You took my living half. You took all of Sans. You are Sans." He told me and I frowned.

"But I don't feel like Sans..."

"Not yet." He then looked at (Y/n).

"She's a very brave girl. We've both grown very fond of her. I however am far too old for her." He chuckled at the humor, but I stayed silent.

"She will need rest, then you two should go back to Snowdin."

I tensed at that.

"Snowdin!? But why-"

"Your brother is there. He needs to be healed as does (Y/n). I will heal (Y/n), you can heal Papyrus, I believe. Then I will take you back to the surface once you are all ready to leave."

I paused.

"Why are you suddenly so willing to help?"

Gaster looked at (Y/n) again and I knew the answer then.

"Gaster..." he looked over at me.

"Yes?"

I paused for a long time, but I finally said the words I needed to, the words I thought I'd never say.

"Thanks....Dad."