eleven

I would've been lying if I had said I slept good for the next few days. The truth was, I spent part of my nights lying in my bed for hours, eyes fixated on the ceiling, the light on my nightstand on, hoping to hear Harry's footsteps in the hallway, or anything else that would've shown me he was good. I couldn't help but worry about his safety and wonder what he was up to, if he was fine. When he had said he would've not been around, I hadn't thought he'd meant it in such a literal way.

Which meant, of course, that on that day I couldn't have been more tired.

"Are you listening to me?" Niall said, snapping his fingers in front of me.

"I'm just so tired" I replied hiding my face in my hands.

"Oh yeah? Stayed up much?" He cheekily replied.

"If I were you, I would just not" I said, a hint of annoyance in my voice.

"Oh, come on!" He whined. "Okay that's it. I'm taking you out today."

I finally looked at him. "Hell no."

"Pretty please? I have to go out with Zayn, don't let me go alone!"

I almost chocked on the water I was drinking. "You what?"

"Not like that! Just as friends" he replied.

"Aren't you, like, married? Ask Liam" I told him, after having recovered from the shock.

"He's busy. Please? Would you really let me go out with him, all alone... Only God knows where..." He looked at me, blue eyes wide, the hint of a winning smile on his lips when he realised he'd convinced me.

I sighed. "Okay, quit it. But you have to let me sleep now, I feel like I'm about to die."

"Thank you! I'll pick you up at ten. We're going to a club."

I sighed and threw myself on my bed as he got out of my house.

• • •

At 10pm, I was ready. Going against all my most inner beliefs, giving up after having listened to Niall beg me to dress good, I had put on a black dress and black high heels.
When Niall barged into my house, I was fixing my eyeliner.

"You look good, amazing, let's go" Niall said, pushing me out of the house before I could put lipstick on. I pushed away the slight annoyance at his actions, that boy way lucky he was my best friend.

"Let's take your car, I walked here" he added, and I nodded.

"You're driving though. I can't drive with these shoes."

"Don't you have a pair of sneakers in the trunk?" He wondered out loud as I sat on the passenger seat.

"Maybe."

The drive to wherever he'd decided to hang out with Zayn was relatively short, and before I knew it I was being pulled through a wall of people and forced down on a chair in front of one of the people I disliked the most.

"Oh hey snappy girl, you look dashing tonight" Zayn said as soon as I sat down at the small table.

"Rule number one, don't talk to me. I'm not here for you" I told him, not even looking at him.

"Seriously? And rule number two?" He asked, his voice seeming somewhat endeared.

I took a look around the room. It was quite dark - obviously, and a lot of people were dancing, keeping me from seeing it whole. "Don't question rule number one" I replied absentmindedly, trying to retrieve Niall, who'd disappeared as soon as we'd got to the table.