eighty-four

1 year and half later

Grace

"Nope, not gonna do that" I said as I sat back on the towel.

Harry turned around to look at me, the wind blowing his dark hair in front of his eyes. He pushed it back with a fast move. "Are you chickening out?"

"I'm not chickening out!" I replied, "It's just that... it's cold, so, nah."

He walked towards me and kneeled in front of me. "I call that chickening out" he stated.

"You do it, then" I challenged him.

"Okay" he said standing up and brushing the sand off the fabric of his jeans, and took off his shoes before starting to walk towards the sea.

I widened my eyes as I realised that he wasn't playing around. "Actually, don't do that!" I exclaimed after him, but he completely ignored me, walking into the sea until the water reached his knees.

"I'll have you know I'm already regretting it, it's freezing cold" he said turning around to look at me.

"You idiot!" I said with a smile. "You didn't even take off your clothes!"

"I wouldn't dare, we're in a public place!" He replied glancing at the family collecting shells a few meters away from us.

I rolled my eyes. "You know it's not what I meant!" I told him as I rushed towards him in the water, holding my dress up so that it wouldn't have got wet. I had almost joined him when a wave pushed me against Harry's chest, making him lose his balance and fall in the water, with me right on top of him.

"Fuck!" I shouted.

Harry emerged from the water with a splutter, his wet hair sticking to his forehead. "That family is probably hating you now" he commented.

I laughed as I realised how absurd the situation was. "We're so gonna get sick" I said, and he froze, looking at me.

"Yes" he said after a few seconds, "yes, we are." He laughed. "I don't really mind though."

"We should get out" I replied standing up, shivering as a cold wind froze the drops of water on my skin.

He nodded, standing up as well and putting his arm around my waist. "I agree."

We got out of the water under the confused stares of the family, that was now sitting on the sand.

Harry took the towel off the sand and shook it before wrapping it around our shoulders. "Believe it or not, I didn't actually expect this to happen."

"You mean, you didn't expect us to go bathe in the sea in March?" I asked sarcastically, making him laugh.

"I know, shocking, right?" He replied.

I shivered again at the cold weather. "We should get going" I said, "It's cold and we're like, completely wet."

"Alright" he said standing up and handing me the towel. "Do you think you can dry your hair a little? It's literally dripping."

"Don't worry love, I'll make sure it won't drip on your car seat" I replied with a laugh, but I took it anyway. "I don't know what to do about our clothes, though."

"They'll stay wet, we don't have anything to change into." He took the bag and slung it over his shoulder. "Come on, I think it's about to rain."

We rushed to the car and got in fast.