seventy-nine

August

Grace

I groaned in defeat, leaning on the kitchen table.

"Girls? Are you all right?" I heard Michal say from the living room, followed by a deep chuckle.

"No, we're not fucking alright!" Gemma cried, "I think we forgot the send the invitations! We're getting married in a week and we didn't send the invitations!" She put her head in her hands, possibly about to cry.

I heard Harry tell him something that sounded like a "good luck" in the other room.

"We did send the invitations, darling" Michal said calmly, "Don't you remember? We sent them. We also know who's coming. We didn't forget anything."

I shot her a glance. "See? I told you."

She sighed, looking down at the table.

"How about we just go in the living room as well? There's no point in staying here and worrying over things now" I suggested, knowing that she would've come up with something else to be worried about otherwise.

She gave me an empty stare before replying. "Alright." She stood up and got out of the room, and I followed her.

When we walked into the room both Harry and Michal scooted closer to the two opposite armrests to give us enough space to sit in the middle.

Harry put his arm on my shoulders as soon as I sat down. "Is Gemma overworking you?" He whispered into my ear, and I put my head on his chest, bring my knees up to my chest and cuddling up against him, sighing in defeat.

Gemma swatted the back of his hand. "Don't turn my maid of honour against me!" She hissed.

Harry gave me a sympathetic glance as Michal hugged her, silencing her.

"Everything will go just fine, Gemma. In a week we will get married and it'll go smoothly because we worked very hard to make sure everything would be just perfect."

She gave him an accusing glance. "More like I did everything. You did nothing. Are you even sure you want to get married?"

"There she goes again" Harry whispered, earning another swat on the hand by Gemma.

"Shut up, Harry. I didn't ask for your opinion."

My hand reached up to hold Harry's, that was still over my shoulder, to save him from Gemma's future anger.

"That's a bit unfair. I sent the invitations. And I went to the cake thingy with you as well" Michal said.

Gemma sat up straighter all of sudden. "Are you sure you sent the invitations?"

Harry sighed in frustration next to me, and I lifted my head from his chest to kiss his jawline, earning a little smile from him.

"Gemma. They also replied. And since they replied we were able to tell how many people would be coming and we thought about the tables and everything" Michal replied, not losing that calm of his.

"If they survive this, they'll survive anything" Harry whispered into my ear, "I think I'm quite traumatised by now and I didn't even get half of the experience."

I let out a little laugh. "Be a supportive brother, maybe that's what she needs right now."

He sighed again, giving me a little nod. "Don't worry, Gem. Everything will go just fine" he said out loud.

Gemma turned to look at him, an analysing look on her face. "Do you really think so?" She asked, suspicion in her voice.

"I do" he replied, and she beamed.