seventy-eight

June

Grace

I woke up to the bright sunlight coming in through the window warming up the skin of my arm. I sighed, the heat around my body feeling almost suffocating, and tried to slide out of the bed, just to be stopped by the arm that was wrapped around my waist. The movement woke up the man lying next to me, that let out a little whine and brought me closer to his body, his soft breaths hitting the nape of my neck.

I relaxed instantly as my back came in contact with his shirtless chest, humming gently. "I kind of need to use the bathroom."

"Stay here for a bit" Harry murmured into my ear, "I like it like this."

I adjusted myself against his body, noticing just then that something was pressing against me. I let out an awkward cough. "Yeah, I can tell you like it."

He chuckled. "Sorry about that."

"It's alright" I replied, my fingers absentmindedly starting to draw unknown patterns on his wrist, that was still around my waist. "I guess the fact that we're both very naked doesn't help one bit."

"It doesn't at all" he replied leaving a kiss at the nape of my neck. "Do we really have to get up?"

I let out a little laugh. "Is being a teacher stressing you out to the point you can't even leave the bed on Sundays?"

"Pretty much" he mumbled, "I hate June so much. Since it's warm, they all start acting like they're already on summer holidays. It's like they stopped caring about school honestly, they keep getting distracted, not getting any of the work done... it's very frustrating. Since I'm way younger than all my colleagues, the students start acting as if I wasn't a teacher at all. One of them called me by my first name some days ago. My first name!"

I cooed at the end of his little rant. "That must've been so hard! A real struggle."

He gave me a playful nudge and nuzzled my neck. "Shut up."

I turned around, pushing his shoulder down so that he'd lie on his back. He did, and I cuddled up against his side, looking at him. I pushed his hair, that had started getting a bit longer and had a tendency to always fall over his eyes unless he pushed it back every once in a while, away from his forehead, earning a little smile from him. Even though we had been dating for eight months and waking up together for five, I still wasn't used to how beautiful he always managed to look in the mornings. Surprisingly enough, he was a morning person, and it didn't take him long to wipe the daze of the sleep out of his face, leaving his irises clear under the sunlight, and the look in his eyes attentive.

He bit his rosy lip. "Give me one good reason why we should get up."

"Who's gonna deem whether it's a good reason or not?" I asked him narrowing my eyes at him.

"I will."

I hummed, pursing my lips. "That's a bit risky. What if it ends up not being good?"

"We stay here" he replied with a smile turning to his side so that he could hug me again.

"What if we got bored? What would we even do here?" I asked teasingly, but I was quickly shut up when he pushed his crotch against me.

"I can think of at least one thing" he murmured into my ear.

"Of course" I whispered, and he laughed.

"So what is it?"

"I really don't want to kill the mood now" I replied, "Just know that it's really important that we're ready to go out in two hours."