thirty-four

"Please, I really need it" Liam said, ignoring completely what I had said.

I looked at Harry, he had moved and was now sitting at the end of the bed, his eyes on me.

"What happened?" He mouthed to me, but I just shook my head to let him know I would've told him later and took his hand, playing absentmindedly with his fingers.

"When?" I asked Liam, closing my eyes for a brief second and taking a deep breath to make sure I wouldn't have said anything I would've regretted later on.

"Is now okay? I need to leave in ten minutes or so."

"Sure" I said, and closed the call.

I threw the phone on the bed and I stared at it, not saying anything.

I heard a movement on my side, as Harry went to sit next to me. "What's wrong?" He whispered into my ear, while he wrapped his arm around my waist.

I sighed. "Come on, we need to help Liam with something" I said standing up, bringing him up with me.

"Liam?" He said questioningly.

"Basically he's being an idiot but he can't even be an idiot on his own, so we need to help him to be an idiot."

"Why are we helping him to be an idiot instead of telling him he's being an idiot?" He asked, putting on his shoes as I did the same.

"Because he's that idiot that he doesn't care he's being an idiot. And unfortunately I'm his friend so I need to help him now and hope he'll realise he's being an idiot then."

"Fine by me" he replied with a little smile.

I looked at him while he was taking his coat. "I'm kind of sorry about how this night went" I told him.

"It's okay, I guess it will be for another time."

"Are you okay? Or do you need...?" I asked, as my gaze unconsciously went down.

"Don't worry about it, that phone call worked better than a cold shower."

I gave him a side glance, and he bit his lower lip to hide a little smile.

"Let's take the car, Liam's idiotic plan starts in ten minutes." As I was locking the door, I heard my doorbell buzz.

Harry and I looked at each other confusedly, before realising.

"The takeaway" I said, and he laughed.

"Are we bringing Chinese food with us?"

"Why not" I replied laughing, and we walked down the stairs.

•  •  •

When we arrived at their house, Liam was waiting right outside the gate.

"I told Niall I'm going out with some people from work and that you'll come around" he said. "I'm glad you came" he added, before walking towards a car parked on the other side of the street and getting in, waving us goodbye.

Harry looked at me. "Is Liam cheating on Niall?"

My eyes widened, I didn't expect him to catch on that fast. "Trust me, it's way more complicated than that."

We got in and up the stairs, since Liam had left the main door open for us, and rang the doorbell.

"Hey, nice to see you again" Niall said, opening the door.