sixteen

I woke up to find a warm body pressed against my back. I turned around and saw that Harry was lying down next to me. I propped myself up on my left elbow, looking at his sleeping features. He seemed so peaceful in his slumber, and so much younger. His long, dark eyelashes rested peacefully on the milky skin of his cheekbones, and fluttered gently as he slowly came to his senses in the light coming from the window, since I had forgotten to close it the night before.

He opened his green eyes, and slowly scanned the room. He sat up all of sudden when he realised he wasn't in his house. "Where am I?" He asked confusedly to no one, his voice seeming deeper and rougher from his sleep.

"In my bedroom" I replied simply, and only then he seemed to notice me.

"Why am I... Did we...?" He wondered, turning his head to me.

I laughed lightly. "We did not, Harry" I assured him, and he breathed a sigh of relief.

"Oh thank god" he said, and after a few seconds of silence I decided not to take it as a personal offence. Maybe Harry just didn't like to give it away mindlessly.

He looked out of the window, to the morning sun.

"Do you have a headache? Should I get you something?" I asked him.

He shook his head slowly. "Why am I here?" He asked back.

"I asked you to come in yesterday" I replied.

"Why?" He asked again.

"You were a bit drunk, I didn't want to leave you alone."

"I've already done that before."

"Then maybe I just wanted to spend some more time with you" I said, not understanding why he was so on edge out of nowhere.

"Why?"

"Because I like you."

He looked at me in disbelief. "That's not possible" he said, standing up and taking his coat, that had been left on the chair in my bedroom. "I have to go back to mine."

I groaned, sitting up as well and looking at him from the bed. "Do you really have to?"

He looked at me, it was hard to understand what he was thinking about. "I have to have a shower" he replied.

"You could do it here" I suggested.

"I have to take... get clothes." He seemed uneasy.

I nodded, deciding to let it go. "Want to have breakfast together?" I asked him.

"I don't feel like going out. You know, Louis" he explained.

"How does breakfast inside sound?" I suggested, not wanting my time with him on that day to be over yet, standing up and following him into the living room.

He smiled briefly. "It sounds amazing."

I smiled back, but my smile was swept off my face as a realisation tugged at my heart. He hadn't mentioned what he had happened the night before. Had he forgotten? Or was he regretting it? Thinking of the way he was acting, the latter seemed the most accurate one. I kept myself from frowning as he made his way to the door, saying goodbye.

He stopped when his hand came in contact with the cold metal of the handle. He turned back to me, and walked fast towards me. He looked at me for a few seconds, seeming to wonder about something.

"Is it too early to kiss you goodbye?" He whispered to me in the end, taking a step closer and putting his hand on my waist.

"Do you really care?" I whispered back.