seventy-six

Grace

I sat on the bed, hearing it softly creak under my weight. "We should have a shower before going to sleep" I murmured, and Harry softly sighed next to me.

"Who goes first?" He asked, his monotonous voice letting me know that he wasn't looking forward showering at all.

"Let's just go together."

He gave me a weird look. "Didn't your mother say we can't shower together?" He asked confusedly.

"I highly doubt my mom gets to decide what we do" I told him. "Besides, I said nothing about showering together." I stood up, offering him one hand so that he would stand up as well. "Come on, it's already quite late."

He took my hand and stood up, waiting patiently behind me as I took a few towels out of a drawer at the bottom of the wooden wardrobe.

"I'm not quite sure I'm following you" he said walking next to me as I crossed the hallway to get into the bathroom.

I turned the key in the lock as soon as I shut the door, its soft click proving that the door was indeed locked. I glanced at Harry, he was giving me a surprised, but confused, look.

"Relax" I said, "we're not going to fuck in my parents' house. We're taking turns." I went to open the water, letting it fall over the wall as if warmed up. "Do you want to go first?" I asked him gently, noticing how tired he was after having driven all the way there.

"Uh, alright" he said rubbing his eyes, and looking really cute altogether.

"It'll help you relax, and we'll cuddle after. How does that sound?" I told him, and he gave me a small smile before starting to undo the buttons of his shirt.

Seeing that he kept messing them up because of how tired he was, I neared him and pushed his hands away, unbuttoning them for him. I looked up at the déjà vu, meeting his clear green eyes while doing so. Once the shirt was open, I slowly slid it off his shoulders, letting it fall messily on the ground. I glanced up at him again, my hands on his shoulders, with the thumbs resting gently over the smooth skin of his collarbones. He leaned in connecting our mouths softly, one of his hands on my cheek as he gently moved his lips over mine. I felt my chest melt at the warmth and sweetness of his actions, and leant gently against his body.

"I love you" he whispered as soon as he detached his lips from mine, brushing his nose against my cheek, his soft breathing tingling in my ear.

"I love you too" I murmured back, "but I'm still not showering with you."

He let out a chuckle, taking off his trousers and underwear before sliding into the shower and closing the curtain.

As he showered I searched for two spare toothbrushes, retrieving them from a drawer and putting them over the sink. Realising that we had completely forgotten our clothes, and that it would've made for a pretty awkward situation if my parents had decided to come out in the hallway as we got out of the bathroom only with a couple towels to cover us, I decided to return to my room to get us what we needed to wear during the night. I was fast, and returned before Harry even stepped out of the shower, and put them over the sink, next to the toothbrushes.

"Grace?" I heard Harry call me after a while.

"Yes?" I asked him, pushing myself away from the sink, that I was leaning against, and moving one step closer to the shower.

"Are you sure you don't want to join me?" He asked, making me snort.

"Thanks, but I think I'll pass" I said, going back to leaning against the sink.