Chapter Ten-First Date

The boys have been here for five weeks already, and let me tell you, we've been having such a blast! Niall and I go to the food shop every Sunday, Zayn and I took art classes together. But when I mean art classes, I mean sitting in the living room doodling everything we see. I've even tried to get Liam to use a spoon, but of course he refuses. I don't know how his kids are going to survive when he feeds them applesauce. Harry and I've been together as much as possible. When the room is stranded, we sneak a kiss or two. He treats me like a woman, thats what makes me love him so much. 

I woke up around seven o'clock. Last night, it was my turn to sleep with Liam. Thankfully, he wore pajamas. I stood from the bed and stretched. I looked over at my practical brother and grinned, he looked like an old man when he slept. His chin sagged and he eye brows creased. "I need to take a photo of this." I whispered to myself, grabbing my phone off the bed side table. I heard the snap and I left the guest room. Today was my first day back to work. I had a six week vacation, and I missed the book store terribly! Especially my closest friend, Gina, the owner of the store, she always gave me breaks when she knew I was stressed or busy. Gina was there for me when my mum wasn't. I quietly walked into my room. Zayn and Niall were knocked out on the bed. Zayn was laying like a dead man while Niall slept with his bum in the air. I chuckled under my breath and walked over to my dresser. I pulled out a tan cardigan and light blue tank top to go under it. After I pulled out dark blue jeans and a peach pink scarf, I closed my bathroom doors. After drying my hair I brushed it into it's natural wavy state. After putting on skin tone eye shadow and a line of eyeliner, I got dressed. Zayn snored loudly when I left the bedroom. Wonder why he's so tired. I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen and began to make waffles and fruit salad. After I put the waffles in the oven for the boys to find, I put the bowl of fruit in the refrigerator. I wrote a note in cursive saying that I was off to work and would be home by three. 

I pulled up on the curb across 'Gina's Shelf' and hopped out. It was the end of the fall and leaves were scattered across the brick sidewalk. The air smelled of freshness and crisp. This was my favorite season. I opened the creaky wooden door to the shop. The walls were a light creamy yellow with famous old-fashion book cover posters hung on every wall, such as 'Gone With the Wind." Or 'Jane Eyre', the dim lights flickered and the store smelled like new books and coffee. Five rows of shelves faced each other straight and organized by author. I heard a thud. "Son of a bitch!" I heard a voice shout. I quickly set my bag on the front desk and jogged into the storage room. Gina sat on the wooden ground and was trying to pick books up. "Need any help?" I asked. She looked up and all the stress in her face disappeared. "Darcy, you're back!" She beamed. I helped her up and gave her a hug. "How've you been, Pumpkin?" She asked. I stepped back from the embrace. "Not so bad, yourself?" She chuckled and began picking up books. "Richard and I are getting a divorce." She explained with no sorrow. "What?" I asked. She put her hands on her hips and nodded. "We just didn't get along." She explained. I sighed. "I know how you feel. Blaine and I broke up." Gina gasped. "Finally! How'd you do it?" She asked. I ran my fingers through my hair. "It wasn't a formal break-up. He sort of beat me up." I explained. Gina put her hands to her mouth. "I'm so sorry!" She yelped. "Don't me, my prince charming saved me." I explained. She began to smile. "Who would that be?" I blushed down at the ground. "Harry Styles." She grinned. "The lad from One Direction?" She asked. "That'd be my Harry. But you cannot tell anyone! Especially Louis!" I explained. She zipped her lips with an imaginary zip. I smiled and began bringing books out to the store. After an hour later, the shop opened. A few group's of people looked around the store and sipped their coffees. I looked over at Gina. She had dark brown hair which was now graying and bright blue eyes. Her skin was wrinkling, but it suited her. She walked over to me. "Whats he like?" She asked. I smiled at the ground. "Amazing, like an angel." I explained. "Can he lay it down good?" She asked, crossing her arms. "Gina!" I playfully smacked her arm. She chuckled. "I'm kidding, Darcy. But really, is he average?" She asked. I rolled my eyes. "I don't know what it looks like." I mumbled. 

About twenty minutes the door opened and the bell clanged. "Hello, welcome to Gina's Shelf, how may I he-" I began. Strong arms wrapped around my waist. "Hello, Love." Harry whispered into my ear. I giggled and turned around. I grabbed his jaw and kissed his lips. "You forgot your lunch." He explained. I looked at him confused. "What? No, I didn't, it's right over there." I said, pointing to the desk. "Thats my point. I want to take you out on our first date." Harry explained. I sighed. "I can't leave Gina alone." "Sure you can!" She interrupted and winked. "Really?" I asked. She nodded. "But be back in two hours." She explained. I smiled and nodded. "You're the best." I announced while hugging her. "Now go!" She said, spanking my bottom with a book. I laughed and took Harry's hand. "Bye Miss!" Harry shouted behind his shoulder. "Call me Gina, Sweetie!" She smiled. Harry chuckled. "Okay, Gina." We skipped hand in hand out of the shop. "Where are you taking me?" I asked. Harry grinned. "Surprise." He explained. I groaned. "You know I hate surprises." He winked at me. "You're going to love this one." He explained. I laughed under my breath. "It's almost your birthday, Harry. What do you want?" Harry sighed. "Only your loving." He explained. I laughed. "No, seriously!" "Surprise me." I stopped and hugged him. "You're on."

 We arrived at the nice and well taken care of park. Harry pointed to a small boat, floating on the large creek that ran through the whole entire park. I smiled. "La beauté de minuit?" I asked in amazement. He nodded and kissed my jaw. "You deserve the best." We walked onto the boat and waited by the red velvet carpet. The sight from the boat was amazing. I thought I'd never dine here. The theme was french, it was beautifully decorated with the colors of red, black, and white. Small while Christmas lights hung loosely around the rim of the low lighted boat. The top of the boat had a roof over it so water wouldn't drip in when we went under the miniature bridge. The music was wonderful, classical and French. All the waitresses and waiters wore black dress pants and black vests over white button up shirts and red ties. I studied the other people on the boat. They all looked unreal and fancy.

"Bonjour, my name is Francis and I will be assisting you tonight." A short man announced, standing in front of us. He had a swirled mustache and gelled hair. Harry and I smiled at him as he walked us to our table. The tables were circular and scattered around the boat. Ours was in the front where it had the best view. Harry must've planned that. "Thanks." I said as Harry pulled my chair out and pushed it in with no effort. He sat down across from me and winked. "I will be back once you've decided on your beverages, entrées and desserts." Francis explained in his heavy French accent. He handed us our menu's and walked away.

I looked at the view. The weeping willows and maple trees had white Christmas lights hanging off of them, there were red rose bushes between each tree. People over dressed walked their large poodles around the path of the park. It was magical. "You didn't have to do this, Harry." I grinned. He reached over the table to my hand. "I wanted to, Love." He explained and kissed my soft hand. "Thank you." I whispered. Harry's face went pink. "Darcy, I have to tell you something." I smiled. "Anything, Harry!" His leg began bouncing of nervousness. "I...I...Darcy, I'm in love with you." He explained. His voice cracked when he finished his sentence. "Before I met you, I wasn't looking for a serious relationship, but when I first met you, you knocked me off my feet from the start and I just can't get enough of you." He confessed. I smiled and nodded. "Oh my God, Harry! I love you too!" I giggled. We bent over and kissed. Francis came back. "What would you like to drink, ma'am?" He asked, taking his notepad out. "Um, red wine please?" He nodded. "And to eat?" I thought for a second. "Beef Stroganoff," and for dessert? "No thank you." I explained. I know I'd get full. After Harry ordered his food he ordered a French ice cream with two spoon. He spoils me rotten!

"Why are you so beautiful?" Harry asked, as I looked at the view. I chuckled. "Oh stop, you're making me blush!" I smiled. He winked. "Time for me to make you blush!" I announced. Harry took a sip of his wine. "Oh God!" I laughed and put my hand on his thigh and it made him blush. "Gotcha!" I whispered. Harry made a monkey face, just to make me laugh. "You make me giggle!" I explained. He got up and randomly hugged me. "Aw, what was that for?" I asked. He sighed and sat down. "For being the most beautiful girl in the world! Before I met you I tried to hug the most attractive person in the world, but my face hit the mirror." He explained. I giggled. "I felt you pain, I tried asking the hottest person in the world out for Valentine's Day, but I can't ask myself." We joked. Our food came and it smelled mouth watering. "Thank you." I said, looking up at Francis. He smiled and nodded. He left and Harry held up his glass. "To our first date!" He announced. I raised my glass and clang it to his. "To our first date!"