Chapter FortySix-Thank God

After Harry laid me back on the bed and nearly fainted, I had him get me a pregnancy test. "It's the best in the store." He panted, running up the stairs with a bag. I smiled and ran into the bathroom with it. I closed the door while Harry tried to barge in. "No, Harry, you can't watch me pee." I explained as took the stick out. Please don't be positive. I shut my eyes until there was a beep. "What is it?" He shouted behind the door. I opened the door and Harry came flailing in. "I'm not pregnant." I sighed in relief and disappointment. "Are you okay with that?" He asked as I sat on the tub. "I guess so. But I mean, I would love to have a baby, but I'd be unprepared." I sighed, throwing the test in the trash. "I know, Love, it's going to be okay." "Maybe I'm just having a mixed month?" I suggested.

Two days have gone by and we've told no one. Thankfully, the boys didn't notice our emotion that day. Right now, Eleanor was over, just chilling. Harry and the boys were in the studio, recording. "So, what do you want to do?" She asked, sitting on the couch. I sighed and took a seat next to her. "Can I tell you something?" I mumbled. She scooted closer in concern. "Anything," I looked around the room to gain the courage. "We thought I was pregnant." I confessed. Eleanor's jaw dropped. "Well, are you?" She beamed. I bit my lip and shook my head. "No, and I'm disappointed." She made a small whine and pulled me into a hug. "Is any parts of you not working right?" She asked. I shook my head. "No, just a messed up month." "Come on, lets go get some sun and fresh air. That always helps." I smiled at Eleanor's suggestion and hopped off the couch. She opened the back door and lead me outside. "I think you know my house better than I do." I chuckled. "Well, I was the one to pick it out." She explained as she pulled chairs over in my direction. "Really?" She smiled and nodded. "I knew you would love it the moment I saw the for sale sign." 

 After talking and laughing over the most random things, it was getting a little cold out. "Do you want some tea?" I asked, rubbing my arms. She nodded and went and opened the door. "My foots asleep, help me up?" I announced. Eleanor laughed at my ticklish foot and quickly pulled me from the chair. It happened again, the sharp pain stabbed me in my abdomen. I yelped in pain and flew back in the chair. "Darcy! Are you okay?" She gasped. I shut my eyes and held my stomach. "I don't know. My abdomens really hurt." I whined. "We're brining you to the doctors now." I shook my head in protest. "No, I don't want Harry to worry. It's probably just my thing." I explained. Eleanor whined. "No, you're going to the doctors. That's final!" 

A tall lady doctor in a pink scrubs opened the door. "Hello, you must be Darcy Styles?" She cheered, grabbing a clipboard. "That would be me. You are Doctor Banks right?" I smiled. "Ah, yes, by the way, your husband will be here soon." She explained. I looked over at Eleanor. "I had to." She confessed. I gave her the look. "Oh, look at the time. I best be going!" She innocently beamed. I sighed and waved as she closed the door. About three minutes later, Harry nervously stormed into the room. "Darcy, you're not hurt are you?" He gasped. I shook my head. "I'm fine." Harry took a seat next to the examining bed. "So, what happened?" The doctor asked. I looked over at Harry for a moment. "A few days ago, I fell from a sharp pain in my lower abdomen. It also happened today." I explained. She nodded her head and thought. "Have you been active lately?" She asked. I blushed and nodded. "We just came back from our honeymoon." I confessed. She smiled and grabbed a clear gel. "Can you pull the stomach of your shirt up for a moment?" She asked. I nodded and did her order. She smeared the cold gel onto my flat stomach. "I'm just going to scan your organs." 

She watched a screen as a medical wand stroked my gelled stomach. "Well, mr and mrs. Styles, congratulations. You're having a baby." She announced. I looked over at Harry in shock, who looked  like he was going to faint. "Thats impossible," I whispered. "We did a test." The doctor shook her head. "One-second," she added. She squinted at the screen. "Give me a moment." She mumbled, leaving the room. I slowly looked over at Harry. "Harry? I'm not ready." I whimpered. He was still pale. "Hey, we're going to do all right, okay?" He cooed. I nodded, holding back tears. I mean, I do want a kid, just not this soon. 

The doctor came back in with a few papers. "We have some more news." I looked over at Harry again. "You and the fetus seem to have some infection that will need immediate treatment." What could get worse? After the doctor talked to us about what we need to do and what medicine I need to take, we left. The car ride was silent. We weren't mad at each other, just in shock. "Please promise me you won't die." Harry mumbled, turning into the driveway. I got out of the car and followed the upset Harry into the kitchen. "Harry, don't think like that." I explained. He took out a glass of water and began to chug. "I'm worried too, as what the doctor said, you have to be positive or something might happen to the baby." I explained. It felt weird saying baby, meaning mine. He sighed and set the glass in the sink. "I know, but I'm going to go to bed." He mumbled, walking past me and up the stairs. 

That night, I laid in bed, sleepless while Harry protectively held me and my stomach to himself. Maybe he was right? What if I do die? No, I can't think like that, it won't be good for the baby! That night, I had pains, but I didn't want to tell Harry. It will just upset him even more. I knew that he was ecstatic about having another addition to our little family, he was just worried. Too worried.