Chapter FortyNine-I Can't Believe It

Fear rose inside of me and I could tell it was in Harry too. Why was she waiting so long to tell us? What happened? "You're having twins!" She announced. Harry fainted onto the ground. "What? No way, are you serious?" I beamed. Harry quickly got up. "We're having twins!" He smiled. I began to laugh. "Two, eh?" The doctor nodded. "Would you like to know the sex?" She asked. I squeezed Harry's hand. "Yes," he beamed. She studied the two little blotches on the screen. Those two blotches were our two little angels. "Okay, the biggest here is a male." She explained, pointing to the left. "And this one is a female." A smile of accomplishment spread across my face. "They're beautiful." I sniffed. "And their due in March,"  she explained. I wiped a tear from my cheek. "Would you two like a moment alone?" She asked. I smiled and nodded.

Once she left, I got up and hugged Harry, I didn't care if I got the gel all over him. "They're beautiful." I mumbled into his shoulder. I could feel him crying of joy. We pulled apart and kissed deeply. "I'm so happy." He whispered into my hair. I nodded and hugged him again. About ten minutes later, the doctor came back in with pictures. "We thought you'd like their first pictures." She smiled, handing them to Harry and I. Once I cleaned my stomach up, we left. "We're going to have to fix that video." I smiled, walking into the house. Instead of responding, Harry picked me off my feet and carried me into the living room. He laid me on the couch and kissed me. "Let's celebrate." He smirked, kissing my jaw. I smiled and began to kiss back. "With Kiwi juice, I'm really craving it." I confessed. "As you wish." He said smoothly. 

This morning, we invited the boys to come over, Louis finally decided to get his crap together and come. Once I fed them all like they were pregnant, we all sat down. "Vas Happenin' with my little niece or nephew?" Zayn asked. I smiled and clutched my stomach. Louis winced at my doings. "They're doing pretty good." I smiled. Harry put his arm around me. "No offense, Darcy, but you look bigger than a normal pregnant lady." Liam confessed. I playfully kicked his feet. "Just saying," he defended. "Yeah, you do." Niall added. I gave him a dirty look and took a handful of crisps. "I'm special." I lied. We wanted to wait and tell them later. "So, what do you lads want to do?" Harry casually asked. "Can we have an eating competition?" Niall asked. I looked over at Harry with a pleading expression. "Now that is what I'd pay to see." Harry joked. I laughed and got up. "Can it be peanut butter? Oo no wait, Nutella and brownies!" I explained. "I want in!" Liam and Zayn shouted. Louis just sat on the couch like an old grumpy man. "Come on, Lou Boo." I pleaded. 

About an hour of keeping the boys distracted from Louis's crankiness and winning the eating competition, Harry and I decided it was time to spill the beans. "So," I began as we all took a seat. "So," Niall mimicked me. I bit my lip and squeezed Harry's thigh under the table, we were both nervous. "Remember the baby?" I asked. "We're having twins." Harry announced. All the boys gasped. Niall began to chuckle. "Thats a good one, guys!" He grinned. I didn't laugh nor did Harry. 

"You're kidding right?" Liam gasped. I bit my lip and shook my head. Louis sat back in his chair and began to laugh. He was mad, I knew it, just by the ring in his laugh. "Better hide the knives." Zayn whispered. I kicked his leg from under the table. For a few minutes, we all sat there in silence. This was the maddest Louis has ever gotten. "Lou? Answer me." I begged, reaching over and rubbing his forearm. "I'm okay with it." He mumbled. I smiled but in a confused way. "Are you serious?" He nodded. "I'm not going to be like Mum and Dad." He explained. I grinned and got up and hugged him. "Are they girls?" Liam asked. I turned in his direction. "One boy and one girl!" I beamed. Everyone got up and hugged us. "What are the names?" Louis asked. I looked over at Harry. "We don't know yet." He explained. 

Later that night, we made another video with all of the boys in it. Everyone seemed to be happy with the news, some sad that Harry could never be theirs. We called our families and told them the news, the seemed excited. Everything was going to be perfect. The babies and I were healthy. Louis wasn't mad. Maybe there was nothing to be afraid of?