2

The book might be switching from pov from time to time depending on how I'm feeling.-

Alexander--

I rest my chin on the palm of my hand, using my elbow to hold the weight of my head on the desk.

Class is somewhat interesting. Despite learning the basics of french like "bonjour" or "au revoir" it's pretty easy. An easy A+ and I'm set for studying law next semester in college classes.

I pay attention to the teacher as he explains how you can't just speak french without slurring the words.

Bonjour is how an american would say it.

Bon-jzour is kinda how a french fry- guy would say it.

Once again I am caught off guard by Jefferson and Madison's barely whisper gossip. I tune out until-

"GWAHH!"

"Hehehe.."

Somehow one of those assholes pushed my elbow, sending my face to smack into the school desk.

Oh no...

All eyes are on me, I'm the center of attention.

There's laughing, groaning, and others not even paying attention.

Feeling hurt, I don't even try to look back at the chuckling two behind me. I sit up straight and clutch the pen Laurens gave me earlier as I pretend to take notes as everyone slowly began to pay attention to the teacher again.

I glance down at my wrist. I haven't seen anything on there at all. My cousin said that either I don't have a soulmate, I'm not ready, or they died. Andrew told me he lost his to suicide which isn't shocking since he himself is suicidal.

I just hope I meet my soulmate soon.

*Skippidy time skip!!*

"Hey, Hamilton? Right?" A voice appeared from behind me as I exit my final class and make my way to lunch.

I turn around and find myself smiling. It's that John Laurens guy.

"Yup." I answer, happy to see a familiar face.

"Where ya headin'?" He asked me and I shrugged. "To wherever the cafeteria is."

"Cafeteria?" He questioned and we stop walking.

"Yeah? You have one, right?"

"Duh but nobody uses it anymore. We can eat lunch where ever." Laurens explained and I felt dumb.

"O-okay." I hold a small smile.

"Heyy, it's short stack!"

Jefferson..

I pretend I don't notice him as he approaches me with his tiny gang of two.

"His name is Alexander. Not short stack." Laurens defended as I just coward away.

Jefferson and his crew laughed. "Where are you losers heading?"

I know I shouldn't have but I opened my mouth. "We're going outside."

Jefferson sucked his teeth. "That's the only place you two are ever invited, huh?"

I cringe at his weak response and start to walk away until that James Madison opened his mouth. "Why does he walk like that, is he gay or something?"

I freeze.

Oh now he dun pushed it!

"Look, I don't know what your problem is but it's probably hard to pronounce."

Geez that sounded better in my head.

He's immediately offended by that and even got up in my face. "Say it again you little prick." Madison growled. As I start to repeat myself, I find the taste of metal dominant in my mouth.

Am I bleeding?

That asshole...He punched me.

Jefferson signaled James to hold back Laurens as he yanked my hair (which by the way is a total bitch move) and decked me right in the stomach at least twice before I felt to the ground.

I'm out of breath. My lungs struggle as they strive to breathe, hunting for a brisk of air. I clamp my eyes shut and here the guys walk away laughing.

John Laurens is soon by my side, helping me up carefully.  "Shhhit that dude can pack a punch." I muttered and Laurens nodded, helping me walk outside to the picnic table out in the school yard.

I sit for a while, catching my breath and spitting out the blood in my mouth. How pathetic I am. I get my ass beat on the first day at this high school.

XXXX TIME SKIPPP

Soon as I get to my cousin's house, I am greeted with his sobbing and crying about wanting to end himself. He's been through a lot and since I'm living with him I might as well try to keep him alive.

"Andrew?" I ask softly, tapping his shoulder. He shakes out of his sad habitat and takes a seat on the old dusty couch. Taking a beer from the floor he sits in silence. Occasional sniffs and coughs.

About five minutes later he speaks.

"I'm going to do it, Alex." He mutters, taking another swig of beer.

"Do what?" I ask quietly.

"Kill myself. I've been wanting to do it ever since your mother died. Now I'm ready."

My heart sank. "Andrew you can't..I won't have no one to-"

"I know and I apologize." He cut me off. My eyes burn with freshly hot tears.
..

There he was.

A week later he's here.

Dangling from the rusty ceiling fan. A broken glass of Sam Adams scattered across the floor. His face an odd shade of red and purple, his eyes bulging from out of his head. Throat outstretched while the rope squeezed tightly around his esophagus. His leg twitched one last time before I had finally came to realization that I was now an orphan.

Now...alone.

"A-Andrew..." My voice croaked out as I had risen from kneeling on the floor to standing. Tears welled quickly in my eyes as I watched my cousin hang there motion less.

"D-don't...don't leave me!" I sob violently, throwing myself back to the floor as I fall apart in a hot mess.

Tears damping face, sweat soaking my hair, remorse drowning the rest of me down into a seat of sadness.

By the time children services arrived, I'm already being questioned and placed into an orphanage. They make a call to my school and I find out someone wants to...foster me?

Sixteen, going on seventeen...and I'm an orphan.

(Sorry it got dark so fast)