26

I feel like we've focused too much on Alex so we'll focus on Tommy. Not my art I just thought it was cute) short filler chapter. Yes, 1163 words is short.

"Ughh...." I let my head slam on my desk as I take seat in my first class.

"You okay?"  A familiar voice asked me. Maria.

"No....it's a Monday. " I mutter, my face still on my desk.  She twirls a lollipop in her mouth, it making a pop sound as she pulled it out. "Hungover?" She giggled.

"No..I just really, really, hate Mondays." Maria nodded. "Honestly, I hate Mondays too, but I can tolerate them when I know there's going to be someone waiting to tolerate it with. Ya get it, Tommy?" She popped her lollipop back in her mouth.

I rolled my eyes, somewhat humming in agreement. Mrs Adams starts talking again and I groan. She can talk forever. And when class is over, she holds us back because she couldn't finish her lesson. I looked to a few rolls in front of me and my eyes met the back of Hamilton's big head. He was furiously writing down notes, his hair in his face with a hunched posture.

Something about him intrigued me. Despite his bad fashion sense, he was decent looking. But he's gotta do something about that peach fuzz that never seems to grow. I find it adorable.

It's not adorable.
It's gross.

He must've felt my eyes on him because he looked up and glanced around the classroom, trying to find who was staring at him. His eyes soon meet mine and I give him a lazy smile.

He smiles back, widely with a noticeable blush and turns back in his seat. He straightened his posture and brushed his hair out of his face. He must've felt like if I was staring he at least had to look presentable. That kid.

Class ends rather quickly than I supposedly thought. Me and Hamilton were called back after class and given a sheet of paper.

"'This has got to be the most beautiful writing I've ever seen in all me years. Great work boys!'" He reads when we stood outside of the class.

A plus.

I've never gotten one of those.

Hamilton brushes it off, handing the paper back to me. "You seem to not care." I mutter, he shrugs. "I'm used to being told my work is excellent. No difference now."
I look at him, giving him the look. "Really? I've never gotten an A+ before."

He laughs, flinging his book bag over his shoulder. "Damn that's sad," he pulls his hair out of a ponytail. "My dad would frame my work. They would be along all the walls in our house. From kindergarten to now." He fixed his ponytail but it was slanted to the side.

I suck my teeth. "I thought you were an orphan?" He shrugs, "I had a dad." I feel like he's lying.
I nod. My dad never really congratulated me when I did something great. He wouldn't even smile. He'd say "You can always do better." What's better than the highest score on the middle school state test? Or yeah, a straight son.

"Well, I gotta head to study hall.." He hummed awkwardly. I nodded.

And then we stood there. Awkwardly.

"I'll see you later?"
"Sure."
"Um..bye."
"Mhm."

Hamilton
Gogogogogo...

Hurry up go!

Faster faster.

Come on!

I finally reach George's classroom and dart in, slamming the door quickly.

"Alexander? What's wrong?" He asks me, slightly frightened that I just barged in.

I set my bag down and climb up on a desk. "We need to talk."

"Of course. What is it?"
"I think I'm in love."
"That's, uh, great!"
"No. No, I think I'm in love with my enemy."
"Ho-ly shit.."

"I know right!" I practically freak out and he rushes to my side.

"So wait....you're in love with Aaron?"

"NoO!"

I drop my head into my hands and sigh. I can almost feel his smirk. "Awww....My son has his first crush!" He laughed.

"Stop..." I groan.

"StOp..." He mocked.

I sit up and glare at him. He gives a cheeky smile. "Alright, I'm done. Please spill you emotions while I listen and give you horrible advice."

I sigh and leap off the desk, grabbing his coffee mug before hopping back on it. He motions me to talk, sitting on his desk.

"Okay, so there's this boy..."

"Oh god." He groans.

"Wait! Lemme finish!"

He sighs and I continue. "It's difficult. Because he was also my bully from high school-"

"Wha-"

I hold up my hand. "Lemme finish." I clear my throat and continue. "But he's my friend now! It all kinda happened so fast, y'know? I mean, one minute we're fighting, next we're inches away from kissing!" I felt a smile on my lips. "He's annoying, and stupid and his political views are idiotic...but I kinda like it. That's one of the many things I admire about him."

"So he was your bully..?"

"Well-yeah. But I believe he's changed. He's nicer to me, he told me things he didn't tell his closest friends. I really think he likes me." I smile up at him.

He looks at me with an unreadable expression before sighing deeply. "I haven't seen you so...happy since you and Eliza were together." He smiles at me. "Make the right decisions."

I hop down and we both hug. I pull away and-

"Hamilton?"

My head snaps to the door where Jefferson stood. I walk up to him. "What's up?"

He looked annoyed, "Can I borrow your jacket?"
I cross my arms over my chest and smirk. "I dunno, can you?"

"Oh come on!" He groans, stretching out his hand for me to hand it to him. "Hand it over."

"No. It's my jacket, why do you need it anyway?"

"I'm filling in for Lee since he got sick. He can't play for the football team this game so I'll play for him. Now can I have the jacket, it's cold outside."

I looked him in the eyes. He kept his annoyed glare. Washington pretended to be occupied by work in his desk. I smiled at Jefferson. "You want the jacket?"

He rolled his eyes. "Hamilton! I gotta hurry!" He yelled. I nodded, taking off the jacket but keeping it in my hands.

"What's the magic word?"

He go up in my face, tilting my chin up towards him. I felt my heart warm in my chest. He kept his eyes on mine. "Darlin' give me the damn jacket." He growled. I grin. "No."

He pulls me into a hug, snatching the jacket from me but not letting go. "I finally understand what Maria said.." He muttered to himself. I wanted to question it but up rather hug him.

When he lets go, he flips me off. "See ya, you adorable asshole."

"Bye, jackass."

He leaves the classroom and I rolled my eyes. "He's an ass but I like him."

George rolls his eyes playfully but he smiles. "He's the, and I quote, 'hella cute asshole that makes you smile?'"

"Hell yeah he is.." I breathe contentedly.