12

Hamilton-

It has been almost two years since I left my old high school; friends and teachers alike missed me.

I had promised Eliza to be her hand for prom. That's when we'd danced together, had fun, I even met up with the guys. Laurens still looked like a baby, Laf still confused about his sexuality, Herc took a random interests in designing, and well..Aaron has been talking less and smiling more. He kept his head up and even got on the student council.

I was chosen for the student council convention in fifth grade.

Anyway, at prom I had my first kiss, with my first love, Elizabeth Schuyler. It was awkward and uncomfortable but it was wonderful. I've never fell for someone the way I did for her.
It was wonderful. Her soft lips, the atmosphere, the moment. Wonderful.

So wonderful that it couldn't last long.

She cheated on me. With Jefferson's whore pet, Maria Reynolds. (I really don't ship it but alot of peeps do so..)

I had heard that there was a plan..to break me and her up. It hurt my heart. It did. But I tried to ignore it and be happy with my first love. I loved her. Loved. Past tense.

Somehow, the plan backfired to where Maria actually kissed the wrong person- Eliza. I don't know how but she did it. And I was heartbroken.

And...after prom, I found out that John wasn't going to the same college as me. Nope.
The prom scene abd the John news had hit me hard, so hard to the point where I've gone to a depression point. It didn't help that daily on social media I'd see happy couples and what they call- relationship goals. I could only wish that'd be me someday. I could only crave to give so much attention, care and love to someone who could return the same feelings equally.
I've been seeing a therapist, suggested by Martha since I barely come out of my room anymore. Nor do I go outside. Especially since I'm afraid of Jefferson, quote on quote 'coming to slam my ass into a brick wall like the little bitch I am.' 

Then on top of that, Washingda-
Washington and Martha said that I've been having nightmares, panic attacks mostly when it'd storm. They also said I've became distant from the outside world.
My therapist sucks. She just wants to know about my past. I already told my foster parents and I refuse to tell anyone else.

But now...I'm packing. Packing my bags to go to King's College.
That's right. I'm going to a real school for the first time in two years.

"Alexander!" Martha's voice yells and I roll my eyes, standing up from my bed and running downstairs.

"Hey dear, could you hand me the remote?" She says.

I look around, seeing the remote right across from her on the coffee table.

"It's right there. You can get it yourself."

"I know. But I asked you."

Rolling my eyes again, I give her the remote and it zaps me. "Ow!"

"Haha! I pranked you!" She giggles and I sigh. She was something else.

Earlier today I was in the car with Martha and George, in front of my new college. On campus.

"Alright, this is it!" The car stops and Washington and I jump out, getting our suitcases from the trunk. Just so you know, he's teaching a debate and law class this semester.

"This is goodbye..I guess." Martha says as she gets out and hugs me and Washington.

I smile. "Goodbye is for good, see you soon is for later." I say and she wipes small tears from her face.

She places her hands on my shoulders. "Alexander, don't forget to write." She cries and pulls me into a tight hug, crying on my favorite flannel t-shirt!!!!!

"It's alright mom. I won't forget."
I feel her tense up. I've never called her mom. I knew that would cheer her up.

"I love you Alexander. Be safe." We pull apart and she pecks me on the cheek.

I turn to Washington and he looks away. Then I run and jump on to him. I know, I know, I'm too big for this. I know! But it doesn't matter. He was my dad! We lived together for years already!

He was like the father I've never had.

"I love you Washingdad!" I laugh and he also laughs. He sets me down and adjusts my shirt, gives me a once over before speaking.

"Do good, son."

I nod eagerly and grin.

XxXxXxX

Here I was.

Nervously I am, but hey, I was here.

I don't see anyone I know as I wait in line to see my dorm room number and who I was rooming with. I wait as the line gets shorter and I try to catch a glimpse at the charts on the wall. It isn't very easy seeing how I almost equivalent the size of a middle school girl; they're pretty short.

My phone buzzes and I pull it out off my pocket.

Lafbaguette
Où est-ce que tout le monde?

I_NeedNoIntroduction
Im at the front door w/ John

AaronBurrSir
Dorm.

A.Ham
How about u come find me?

PegLeg
WHOEVER FINDS ALEXANDER FIRST GETS TEN DOLLARS!!!

ANGIE
Alright!

AaronBurrSir
I see him already

Lafbaguette
Mesouir Alexander! Tell me ur destination!

"Excuse me?"

I look up from my phone to see it was my turn to look at the charts. "O-oh..sorry." I mutter as I move out the way and quickly look for my name on the first chart.

Nope. Next. Nope.

On the third chart I see my name is the fifteenth. Dorm 22. I scan the charts to see who my roommates are but I don't see anyone.

I then just read down the list to see one name that stood out the most.

Thomas Jefferson- Dorm 22