29

Emo Alex™ has returned.

Normal POV*
They'd been knocking on his bedroom door for hours. Of course not literally, but they'd walk by and see if there were a chance their 'son' would open up.

Alex was never like this. He never neglected attention, he always want a hug. He was a very affectionate person. Which meant he is also surprisingly a soft person. Not many people knew that about him, only his 'parents'. And now they were starting to worry. This wasn't the first time Alexander locked himself from the world. Usually when he did, he'd inflict pain on himself. In other words, suicidal thoughts or tendencies. It made a nearly elderly couple scared.

They love Alex as if he was actually their own son. The feeling was mutual. However, Alexander had the tendency to coward away from his problems and lock himself in his room. One time, still in his teen years, he told his parents that he was 'meant to be depressed' and attempting to turn goth. Obviously he freaked himself out and turned back towards the bright side. It was quite hilarious to George.

"Alex, at least come down to eat!" George said through the closed door. Martha was seated downstairs having feeling light headed from the events of the day. Or so she said. "Alexander, please?" George didn't want to begin but he had no choice.

He heard some groaning, curse words, and then a heavy item being moved. He waited patiently and nearly had a heart attack when he saw his son. Alexander's eyes had been red and puffy from crying, his face red as well and damped with a sloppy attempt to wipe away tears, his hair was in a sloppy ponytail and he was currently glaring at his adoptive father.

"What the hell do you want?" He spat, as if he had just drunk poison. George's nose flared but he decided not to argue. "I want you to come and eat something."

"I'm not hungry." He was about to close his door when George placed his foot in front of it. "Please son?"

"Stop calling me your damn son! If you want one so bad why can't you just have one yourself!?" Alex snapped, glaring at him.

George look visibly hurt.

"Alexander...is that you?" Martha asked her voice soft as she slowly made her way towards the two. George immediately went to her. "Martha, you're not supposed to be up, honey."

She smiled fondly at her husband, "I wanted to say hi to my baby-"

"I'm not your fucking baby, son, or child! To be honest, I don't even know you two! You're just a bunch of old people who wanted an immigrant baby for the attention!"

Martha's eyes widened. They've had arguments before, but never has Alexander ever disrespected her. He was taught well by him birth mother not to disrespect women. And now he disrespected her....when she could possibly be on her
deathbed soon.

She gasped and was lucky George was there because she passed out. "Martha! Martha wake up!" George was frantically trying to get his wife up.

Alex felt even worse.

"Oh my lord, I'm so sorry George," tears pricked his eyes as he watched his 'dad' dial the ambulance service, tears filling his own eyes as well.

"W-what happened to her, George what's wrong!?" He bent down to look at Martha who was barely breathing. "She was sick for weeks, we thought it was just a cold but it must be way worse."

Oh no...no it can't be. Martha can't be sick, she can't be. Alexander can't lose another mother, she has to stay alive, she has to! His mother died of a sickness and the same was going to happen to her. He was going to lose two people in one day.