18

(Chapters will be longer)

Jefferson-

A few minutes earlier.

After Hamilton left to go confront Hercules I leaned on the couch in front of Lafayette and sigh.

"You want to talk?"

"I rather not." He mutters, putting his elbows on his knees and huffing. I search for his eyes. I never really had anything against this french fry. And I had also found out that he had a crush on me back in high school. And what can I say? I'm attractive. And he is too...in a way.

But he's not my type. What even is my type?

"Lafayette, is someone messing with you?"

I swear if someone's bullying this beautiful cinnamon roll..

"No..."

"Then what's wrong?"

He looks up at me with a confused look. "Have you ever had mixed emotions about something so serious that you can't decide on what to do anymore?" What? I mean...I have mixed emotions about my parents because I still love them but they don't love me..I guess that counts.

"Yeah." I answer.

"I've kept a secret from my friends for a long time and I'm scared about how they'll react when they know." He looked away.

Bro come on.."It can't be that bad?"

"I just feel like they'll get mad at me and never trust me again.."

BRO.

I sigh and put an arm around him. God he was such a smol bean.

"If they don't hang out with you, I will."

He smiles and wraps his arms around me. I'm too solid to be  in so much fluff...but I give in and hug him back. When we separate, my phone starts to ring.

I take it out my pocket and notice it's from my parents...fuck.

I must've looked scared because Lafayette noticed this. "Mesouir Jefferson, are you okay?"

I nod. "Yeah..just my parents calling."

"Why do you look scared?"

"They hate me because they don't like that I'm gay or whatever." I say like it's nothing. The french fry raises his eyebrows but then frowns. "How can they hate you for-"

I quickly answer the phone. "Hey."
"Hey Thomas. How have you been?" My mother's soothing voice on the other end says. She calls me whenever she's not around my father. I believe she still loves me, hopefully my father comes around.

"Oh, I've been fine momma."

"College everything you expected?"

"And more." I say happily. I'm always happy to speak with mother. It reminds me that there's always one person that will always love me for who I am.

I hope.

"Who's on the phone?" My dad's voice echoes in the background.

"Tommy." My mother answers.

There's silence for a bit and I start to get worried...usually she'd put me on mute and I wouldn't know what would happen.

After a few minutes, a deep voice speaks up. "Thomas?" It startled me and Lafayette. It was my father.