Chapter 43

Chapter 43

Time: 7 pm

Ynna's Point of View

I hugged him,

My husband.

"Shall we come in?" I asked him with a big smile plastered on my face.

It feels so good calling Cyriel my husband. Kahit na alam kong napilitan lang siya kanina, i don't care. All i care is that now, he's mine 'til i die. 

flashback...

"Then marry her. Make my daughter happy." My mom told Cyriel.

I know for a fact na takot si Cyriel sa parents ko. Why? Because he knows what they can do. I remember nung isang time na gustong umuwi ni Cy sa Pilipinas, my mom went to the States and threatened him na guguluhin niya ang buhay nung babae niya pag ginawa niya 'yun. My mom didn't know and still do not know na si Dana yung babaeng dahilan kung bakit hindi ako mahal- mahalin ni Cy. Cyriel would never tell her that, and he would never allow me to.

Hindi na sumagot si Cy, instead, pumunta siya sa tabi ko.

"Let's start now?" My mom asked the Mayor, who happens to be a close friend of my father. Kaya naman hindi ako natatakot; my mom's here, the mayor is on my side. I've got all that i need.

The process started. Cyriel would just nod. Ynna, just calm down. Don't you cry now. The end justifies the means. Kahit napipilitan lang siya, in the end, he'll still be my husband. 

"We are gathered together here in the presence of these witnesses to join this man and this woman in matrimony, which is an honorable estate, and is not to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly, but reverently and discreetly. If

anyone can show just cause why this man and this woman may not lawfully

be joined together, let them speak now or hereafter remain silent."

We all remained silent. No one would dare speak. Not even Cyriel..

"Ynna Henares, will you take this man to be your wedded husband,

to live together in the estate of matrimony? Will you love, honor and keep

her; in sickness and in health, and forsaking all others, keep yourself only

unto her, as long as you both shall live?"

I smiled despite the fact that i was already about to cry, "Of course, your Honor."

Then the Mayor proceeded and this time, asked Cyriel, "Cyriel Perez, will you take this woman to be your wedded wife, to live together in the estate of matrimony? Will you love, honor and keep her; in sickness and in health, and forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto her, as long as you both shall live?"

Cyriel just stared at the floor.

A minute had passed, still, his eyes are glued on the floor.

The moment my mom realized what Cyriel is doing, he went near him and whispered something.

I don't know what she said to Cyriel.. I just saw Cyriel saying I do to the Mayor after that.

"Now, by the authority vested in me by the Republic of the Philippines, I pronounce you to be husband and wife and extend to you my best wishes for a successful and happy married life together."

present...

"Shall we come in?"

We're now here inside their house. His mom told me to dine with them again. Cyriel told me awhile ago not to tell anyone about our marriage. I just nodded but deep inside, i was hurt. He's ashamed of me. Who wouldn't?