IHMFB : TWENTY ONE

Everyone was dead silent.

"O-Oh, so he's g-gay?" Seonghwa let out, more on shocked than disgusted.

"I don't know how many times he mentioned he's 'gay' for you to not get it." Beomgyu mumbled.

"How long has he been gay?" Wooyoung asked, sounding weary.

"Probably his whole life." Beomgyu said.

"Um— well— that's great! Good for him! I mean, I'm glad he could come out to us." Huening said, and then sighed to himself.

"Oh god, we said a lot of homophobic shit constantly without knowing-" Wooyoung started.

"Damn, we should've known!" San said, and Beomgyu hummed.

Suddenly— "This is fucking weird! He has seen us shirtless or worst... naked a lot of times in the changing rooms! That's creepy!" Taehyun said, and the boys looked at him.

"He's not into you, Taehyun. Don't fucking flatter yourself." Beomgyu retorted.

Taehyun raised his eyebrow, "Aren't you freaked out by this? You two sleep in the same room. I mean, who knows?"

"Shut it, I know him more than you do. Ya know what? None of you are going to be assholes about this. It takes a lot of courage to come out. So if you have any dumbass comments to make, keep it to yourself." Beomgyu snapped.

"Gyu, we're keeping our mouths shut, but what about Mr. Homophobic who just ran after Soobin?" San said.

Beomgyu frowned, "What?" He asked, and then looked around and realized Yeonjun was gone. Fuck.

Meanwhile, Yeonjun rushed out of the cafeteria, seeing Soobin go out. He looked left and right, and cursed under his breath when he couldn't see Soobin.

Yeonjun turned and saw Mingi rushed out.

"What do you think you're doing?!" Mingi asked, and Yeonjun breathed out.

"Mingi, I-I need to see him! You won't understand-"

"No, I understand very well. You're a homophobic asshole who's one step away from making another mistake. Just don't do anything." Mingi said lowly, clearly mad.

Yeonjun kept quiet, and Mingi tsked, and then ran towards the dormitories, expecting Soobin to be there.

But he wasn't. Yeonjun knew where he was. He knew where Soobin would be. He knew him too well.

Yeonjun took a deep breath, rushed towards the staircase and went up three flights of stairs, feet carrying themselves with purpose. Yeonjun reached the 4th floor and heard his footsteps grow louder on the marble flooring as he ran down it, trying to find the last door on the floor.

And then he found it and took another deep breath. In the art room. Yeonjun reached for the door, but just keeping his hand on the door handle gave him memories.

| flashback |

"-all the other art students think she's favoring me over them, but I think she just-"