IHMFB : THIRTY TWO

Yeonjun lied, and said he was busy.

Yeonjun was never this anxious before— walking into breakfast on the first day of the week, he took a sandwich from the canteen, and then spotted his friends sitting with the rest of the football guys.

Except Beomgyu and Soobin, they were sitting at another table with Lucy and Jihoon.

Yeonjun walked up to the football guys. He saw Jake and Sunghoon telling the rest of the guys some story, and everyone was laughing loudly, but when Yeonjun got there, Jake spotted him and then hesitated, quietening.

"I-I'll tell you guys later." Jake mumbled.

Yeonjun opened his mouth to say something, but then saw Mingi mumble something to Yunho, and both of them get up and leave to go sit with Soobin.

Everyone was kind of quiet, not knowing what to say. It was so fucking awkward.

Yeonjun gulped, "Y-You guys can continue, I'm kinda busy too, so I-I'll go now." Yeonjun stammered, and then walked away from the table.

When he did, he heard all of them begin talking and laughing again. Yeonjun walked out of the food hall and sighed. He didn't feel hungry anymore.

Yeonjun just threw the sandwich in the dustbin and walked to the place he could get some peace.

Football pitch.

He needed some air and some time to think alone, because his mind was full of cluttered negative thoughts.

He stayed there for 10 minutes, and then decided to go to the art room.

Art room, the second place he could at least be alone.

Yeonjun walked into the small room, and then sat down on one of the chairs, remembering how few months ago—

Soobin was sitting on his lap at this exact spot, talking about how he wanted to be a very aspiring artist in the future. He wants to paint in public walls that is dedicated to artists, and then get to paint his own signature below.

And the next day, Yeonjun was finding Soobin, and Yeonjun knew where to find him. He found the boy in the corner of the art room, hugging his legs and crying.

Yeonjun asked him why, and Soobin told him that his father was forcing him to take the company, marry a decent girl, and keeps on pressuring him to do extracurricular activities to get A+ grades in all subjects.

Yeonjun smiled and told him that whatever Soobin's decision would be, he would accept it and support him wholeheartedly. Yeonjun told him how he would help him to be a very aspiring artist. Yeonjun even promised to promote Soobin everywhere he would go, which made Soobin laugh fondly.

Yeonjun told him how beautiful he was, told him that he was very proud of him, about the coming out and having the confidence to fight for what he wanted— to be an artist. Yeonjun was proud of him, and Soobin really felt appreciated.

Yeonjun showered Soobin's face with kisses, and then hugs him tightly to feel his comfort. Soobin stayed at Yeonjun's dorm back then, so the hugs, kisses, all the comforting words became a normal routine for the both of them.