IHMFB : THIRTY FIVE

After what happened, Beomgyu pulled Jihoon, Eliz and Lucy away from the field, leaving Soobin with Yeonjun.

Soobin accompanied Yeonjun through his dorm room. Both were silent, didn't really know how to start the conversation.

Soobin and Yeonjun sat crammed on Yeonjun's small bed, Soobin's nimble fingers hesitantly tracing across Yeonjun's forearm.

There was a small silence, Yeonjun was looking up at the ceiling, eyes gleaming.

Soobin looked at him, "Talk to me." Soobin said softly.

Yeonjun chuckled weakly, "I thought you told me not to? You told me to stay away." Yeonjun let out timidly.

Soobin also chuckled in a weak way, pressing his fingertips down on Yeonjun's veins, but not enough to hurt the boy, "I've never seen you break down like that. Never seen you cry."

Yeonjun looked at Soobin, "That day. Um.. before y-you came into my room. Before I- um..." Yeonjun trailed.

"Before you called me faggot." Soobin stated, calm, but the tone stingy.

Yeonjun nodded, "You saw him— my father. Before you came, he... he hit me." Yeonjun gulped, "He slapped and punched me." Yeonjun continued.

Yeonjun noticed Soobin's shoulders go down, worry filling his face, and god, the way Soobin's eyes grew big, that worried look on his face he'd get whenever Yeonjun got hurt or looked upset.

"Hey, why? What happened?" Soobin let out, scared.

Yeonjun looked at him, "He somehow found out about us. So, he came all the way down here to slap me across the face and punch me in my stomach. He also told me to never do anything with boys." Yeonjun explained.

Soobin gulped, looking down. Yeonjun felt like crying again, but stayed strong. He cried too much in too little time.

"He doesn't really care about my grades and other stuffs about school, but about football and that gay stuffs, I know he'll never let it slide." Yeonjun said.

Soobin wanted to ask more, but just let Yeonjun speak first. This is just the second time Yeonjun will open up, the first one was about how Yeonjun's mother died.

On the other hand, Yeonjun felt weak— fragile.

Earlier, Soobin had to hold Yeonjun's hand firmly and take him to his room, sit him down and ensure he calms down, because Yeonjun can't even stand well.

"Your name was included in the email that was sent to my father, so when you said your name, he knew it was you. And then he pretended to leave, but I knew he was still listening. And fuck— fuck, I got so fucking scared, B-Bin." Yeonjun stammered, panicking.

"He saw me touch you." Soobin murmured, faint.

Yeonjun nodded, "I panicked, and my f-first reaction was to do the only thing I've seen my father do— hit someone I care about." Yeonjun mumbled, getting flashbacks.

Soobin looked up at him, "Huh? What do you mean?" Soobin asked, confused.

Yeonjun felt like crying again, but still hold it in, "My f-father used to hit my mother. My mom, she was 19 when she had me. My father was 35. My mom was poor, naive, too young. I-I wish she wasn't." Yeonjun said, shaking his head, trying not to cry again.

"Remember when I told you that my mother died because of colon cancer? B-Before she died, she was abused."

Soobin looked at how Yeonjun's eyes began glistening with tears, arms almost giving out.