IHMFB : FORTY THREE

| prom |

"Choi Soobin?" Yeonjun whispered, voice barely coherent.

"Will you be my boyfriend?"

There was a pause.

Everyone was wide-eyed, somehow nervous themselves. They stared from Yeonjun to Soobin, and then back to Yeonjun, and then back to Soobin.

The silence was overbearing.

People held their breaths, anxious for the answer— kinda felt invested in their relationship.

Soobin's eyes were wide, mouth slightly agape. He stared at Yeonjun for, like, 19 seconds, until—

"Oh my god." Yeonjun let out, gulping.

"I literally forgot you might say no. Fuck. Okay, if Soobin says no— this never happened, and I'm moving schools. It was really nice knowing all of you!" Yeonjun continued.

"Get off the stage, dummy!" Beomgyu yelled, and some people around him let out shouts of agreement.

Yeonjun let the mic go, and then jumped off the stage, now on the ground.

Yeonjun looked at Soobin, who had his fists coiled up by his sides, eyes wavering, almost teary. Yeonjun fearfully walked closer to him, clearing his throat, and then putting his hands in his pockets so Soobin wouldn't see how badly they were shaking.

Soobin looked at him for a few seconds, and the silence and anxiety only grew further. After a bit more of apprehension, Soobin did it.

He slapped Yeonjun across the face.

Okay, just lightly. It was a light slap across the face, but Yeonjun's head got moved to the side and his eyes widened, heart beating out of his chest. He then heard a small sniffle.

"Y-You idiot!" Soobin said, and Yeonjun didn't know what that meant, until he felt Soobin's hand grip his coat and pull him towards him. Yeonjun turned to look at Soobin, and then saw the boy smiling.

"Yes. A hundred times." Soobin whispered softly.

Yeonjun took his hands out of his pockets hurriedly to grip Soobin's waist, and then pressed their lips together.

It's like fireworks exploded. People around them started clapping, cheering, and dancing.

Homophobic people forgot about their bigoted views and celebrated love.

Because that's what all of it was about in the end, wasn't it?

Yeonjun circled his arms around Soobin's waist, holding him in so tightly that it made the pressure of their lips against one another firmer. Soobin kissed him eagerly, hands fumbling to grip his jaw and kiss him harder.

Shouts of their names and loud screams of joy circled around them, but all they could hear was their hearts beating loudly.

The limitation of their lung capacities pulled them away from the kiss and caused both to pressed their foreheads against one another.

"I-I thought you were going to say no." Yeonjun whispered, words silent so only Soobin could hear. Soobin smiled up at him, his doe eyes sparkling.

"Well, what can you say? I'm an idiot too." Soobin said with a small giggle, and then began kissing Yeonjun again.

"I can't believe they got married." Someone said.

Yeonjun pulled away from the kiss, and then chuckled into Soobin's lips. Soobin looked at him fondly, smiling really big.

"I don't know who you are now. Are you Daniel or Yeonjun? But whoever you are, I just wanna say that you're the bravest person I know." Soobin whispered, and Yeonjun smiled.