IHMFB : FORTY ONE

Soobin got confronted by Wooyoung, Taehyun, and San a week later.

He was in the library during the study period, listening to TYL by Kakie while doing history homework, because why not?

He was halfway done when he heard a clearing of a throat.

"Choi." A voice came abruptly, and Soobin took his earphones out and looked up, raising his eyebrow when he saw the three boys.

San in his glasses, Taehyun with his disheveled shirt sticking out of his trousers, and Wooyoung looking slightly nervous.

"What?" Soobin asked, voice flat.

With everything that had been going on so far in the school year, three of his best friends suddenly shunning him and pretending like he never existed was one of the worst. He was close to them. Maybe not how close he was to Beomgyu, but still counted.

They ate lunch together every single day. Soobin used to help Taehyun with his Chemistry assignment. Wooyoung used to call Soobin 'pouty boy' and always grin when Soobin scowled. San used to help Soobin with his English homework, always ruffling his hair afterward.

To just... ignore him like that? To completely push him away and even actively make homophobic remarks towards him? It sucked.

"We just wanted to talk to you." Wooyoung stated, and Soobin saw him bit his lip.

"Sure..." Soobin trailed, and then saw San sigh.

"Soobin, we came here to apologize. About being so rude about the gay thing."

Soobin stilled. He looked at them with widened eyes.

Wooyoung nodded, "We were assholes to you. You don't deserve that, Soobin! I've been wanting to apologize for ages, honestly. It just... it occurred to us suddenly how badly we fucked up." Wooyoung mumbled.

"Why now?" Soobin asked, and then saw Taehyun give him a look.

"Yesterday at football practice, one of the guys made a homophobic comment towards Jihoon. Jihoon didn't say anything, but Yeonjun got really mad and yelled at everyone— said stuff about how we were being ignorant and shouldn't make jokes like that." Taehyun said, hands in pockets.

Soobin stilled. Yeonjun did that?

"Oh." Soobin said, looking down at his notebook.

"I really don't care if you forgive us or what, it's not easy— I know. But hopefully, we made you breathe freely around us again. I mean, honestly, we're truly sorry and don't think that it's because of what Yeonjun said, but just a part of it made our mind clearer— that being queer isn't a choice. Again, I'm sorry." San said, and Soobin bubbled out a giggle.

"Yeah! Huening almost beat me up, too. That kid, really." Taehyun blurted.

"People make mistakes, and we will continue to do so. We're still young, and the earlier we decide to change, the better." Soobin said, giving the boys a small smile.

Wooyoung and San smiled brightly, while Taehyun just gave him a small smile.

"I forgive you guys."