||Chapter 1~T.S.1||

Therapy session 1

We were both sitting on the soft, orange couch. There was a small glass table in front of us that was exactly between our couch and the lady's with the red glasses. Her legs were crossed and her foot was moving quickly up and down. Her big blue eyes were moving from me to Damon, and back around. The only sound you could hear was the tapping of the pen she made against her small notebook. Her lips were painted with a bright red lipstick which would look nice if she didn't draw herself two times bigger lips than she already had with it. My eyes were concentrated on her long necklace with a bright pink heart hanging at the bottom.
I tried to avoid that small camera that was filming our every move and response.
"Would you like to introduce yourself?" Mr. Bennett asked still tapping on the notebook.
I looked at Damon, and Damon looked at me.
"My name is Natalie Sene." I said slowly.
"Damon Queen." He said in a low but cold voice.
"Natalie. What do you think is the main problem in your relationship with Damon?" She asked me with puppy eyes and she gently leaned towards me even though she wasn't anywhere near me.
I sighed.
"I think the main problem is his possessiveness-"
"I'm not even that possessive I just-"
"Mr. Queen it is not your turn to speak." Mrs. Bennett warned him and he leaned against the couch, frustrated.
"Please continue, Miss Sene."
I looked her straight in the eyes and bit my lip.
"I don't like his possessiveness. He's suspicious of everything when I visit my friends and he sometimes tries to forbid me to see other men."
"Say it all, my dear." She nodded her head.
"He's a confusing person. One minute he says he wants me and the other he'd happily throw me into a pool of piranhas." Mrs. Bennett gestured for me to carry on.
"He's very bossy." After I said that he quietly chuckled and Mrs. Bennett gave him a warning look.
"He wants me to follow his rules no matter how cruel they might be. He wants me to never disobey him as if he's a fucking king on a piranha throne."
"No swearing, Miss Sene."
"Sorry..." I murmured.
The tension in the room was so thick you could cut it with a knife.
After a while, she turned to Damon.
"And you, Mr. Queen? What do you think is the problem about Miss Sene?"
He was about to say something but it's as if he couldn't speak a word. He looked at me and I quickly looked away.
"Um... she's... stubborn." He said and the woman gestured for him to continue.
"She never listens. She wants to do whatever she wants, whenever she wants. And when she gets into trouble, I have to be her knight in a shining armor. She doesn't understand the trouble she could get into and what harm it could cause her. And she also doesn't care that I'm just trying to protect her and care for her, even though sometimes I'm incapable."
"And why would you be incapable?" Mrs. Bennett asked gently.
"I wasn't taught to love, I don't always know how it works."
Me and Damon made eye contact for a good whole minute.
"Mr. Queen, how would you describe your sex life with Miss Sene?" I stiffened and he leaned back.
"I wouldn't." He answered calmly.
"And why's that?" She asked curiously.
"Because we never had sex." He answered and silence fell upon us.
"Did you try?" She asked carefully towards me.
"Yeah we tried but then I got shot. It was a total cockblock." I said confidently and the mid aged woman leaned back and turned to Damon.
"Did you try to tell Miss Sene how you feel?"
"Yeah I tried but she would usually hit me and tell me that I'm an arrogant asshole."
"Do you mean abuse, Mr. Queen?" She asked a bit concerned and Damon laughed.
"It is not funny, Mr Queen. Abuse can come from men and from women." She said seriously and he looked at me.
"Miss Sene, did Mr. Queen ever lay a hand on you without your permission?"
"Yes." I answered.
"Did he do it more than once?"
I swallowed and looked at her.
"Yes."
"Mr. Queen is that true?" She asked calmly and he sighed.
"Yes." He answered to himself.
"And did Miss Sene ever lay a hand on you without your permission?"
"Yeah, she did." Damon answered.
"Did she do it more than once?"
"Yes."
"Miss Sene is that true?" She asked me.
"Yes..."
She leaned back, took her glasses off and rubbed her eyes.
"And why did you do it?" She asked us both.
"Because he was acting like a dick."
"Because she was acting like a bitch."
Fuck you.
"Abuse. Is. Never. The. Answer." She said loudly and clearly.
The uncomfortable silence fell upon us once again.
"But I can still call him a dick?"
"No!" She said loudly like it was the most obvious thing in the world.
"Verbal abuse is just as painful as physical abuse." She said clearly.
After a while the woman said,
"Do you know each other well?"
I held my breath.
"No..." Damon answered with a low voice and I shook my head.
"Then to start, I want you both to tell each other a thing your partner doesn't know about you, every night. It can be something about your past or something you think would help your partner to understand you. Now I'll see you next week. Thank you and be kind to each other." She warned and stood up. We both shook hands with her and quickly walked out of the high building. We walked in silence towards Damon's car.

**************
Remember to vote, comment and share!