||Chapter 7~Wake Up||

2 more days.
Two more days till we leave for Oregon and I'll meet Damon's family... I already started packing. I found out his family lives in Portland and I'm honestly quite excited to go there.
I wonder what's his family like...
Are they nice?
Are they mean?
Are they bananas?
Hopefully everything will go alright.

I got ready for bed which means I took a shower and put my cute pajamas on. It was only 7pm but it was really dark and I felt tired. I heard Damon come in.
"I'm home!" He said loudly as he took off his blazer and loosened his tie. He sounded very tired and grumpy.
"Babe why do you work so long? I barely see you now." I whined as I walked out of my bedroom and greeted him with a peck on the lips.
"There's a lot of things on my schedule." He said with a tired voice. He carelessly walked towards his bedroom.
"I've made dinner." I tried saying to his back but he just said carelessly,
"I'm not hungry." And shut his bedroom doors with a thud. He clearly wasn't interested in talking to me.
He just had a long day...
So he has a 'long day' nearly everyday?
Nah... I'm not giving up so easily. I barely get any attention from him lately.
I walk up to his bedroom doors and slowly open them. I walk inside but I don't see him anywhere. I hear water running.
He's in the shower.
I sit on his bed and take a deep breath.
As I was getting lost in my thoughts I snapped back when I heard a short ding coming from his phone. I turned around and saw that it was on the nightstand. A freaking beautiful pitch black iPhone 7. I saw that he got a message from an unknown number.
Don't read it.
Don't read it...
I read it.
It just said:
Hi boss, everything's ready for your flight to Portland. Your departure is at 7pm, Mr Joe will be your pilot in your new private jet. Merry Christmas, Rob.
Just then I slightly jumped as Damon came out of the bathroom with nothing but his boxers. He frowned when he saw me holding his phone.
"You got a message and I was just- it just says that everything ready for the flight to Portland." Damn, why am I so nervous?
"First of all, who the fuck let you touch my phone? Ever heard of privacy?" He asked angrily and I was taken aback from his harshness.
"I- um.. I just-" he snatched the phone from my hand and looked at it.
"Get the fuck out of here. And learn to fucking knock." He ordered and I looked up at him.
"Stop swearing at me!" I said loudly with courage. He finally focused his attention at me.
"What did you just say?" He asked getting dangerously close to me and I held my breath.
"You're like this for days now! You barely talk to me and I barely see you. And now you're cursing at me for looking at your phone! Chill! I only looked at it because a message popped up while I was waiting for you." I said loudly and he clenched his jaw.
In the blink of the eye I was pinned to a wall.
He put his hands on both sides of me and leaned until I could feel his breath on my neck.
"You don't fucking tell me what to do. If I don't feel like talking to you I don't and if I don't wanna see you I won't. I respect my privacy so next time you're not just gonna enter my room, you will knock. And you will never again go through my fucking stuff without my permission. Understand?" He hissed in a threatening tone and became really intimidating. I breathed heavily.
"Understand?!" He shouted and I jumped at his sudden rise of voice. I shook my head yes.
"Use your fucking words." He hissed.
I swallowed a gulp in my throat and opened my mouth.
"I-I... understand." I said in a quiet voice.
"Look at me when you're talking to me." My heart was racing.
"You don't tell me what to do. Only and only I tell you what to do." He said like he was threatening me.
"Do you understand?" He asked more angrily.
"Y-yes." Before I knew it he forcefully grabbed my chin and made me look straight into his dark eyes.
"Say it." He ordered.
No fucking way.
I kept quiet which only pissed him off more and he tightened his grip on me, giving me pain.
"Say. It." He ordered harshly with a dominant voice and I slightly winced.
"O-only you tell me what to do and not the other way." I whispered looking at him.
"Good girl." He said with a sinister voice.
He loosened his grip and let me go. He still stood in front of me and I didn't move a muscle.
"Now get out." I didn't need to be told twice. I got my shit together and run out of the room.
I closed myself in my room and cried onto my pillow.
He made me feel like trash.
I slowly drifted away as tears continued to drop from my eyes.

~Flashback/Dream~
I was counting since the last time the doors to my bedroom opened.
One whole day.
25 hours, 8 minutes and 31 seconds. 32 seconds. 33. 34. 35-
I looked up from my bed as the doors to my bedroom opened. My heart began racing.
He came inside and closed the doors behind him.
A bottle of beer in one hand and a belt in the other.
I shivered.
I didn't dare to move.
He sat on the bed and looked at the floor.
"You know... Your mother died because of you." He said in drunken words.
"She knew you liked this dress or whatever and she wanted to surprise you and buy you it. She was going shopping anyway so she went. And she drove. And she fucking died. She fucking died. She fucking died. Because of you, you stupid bitch!" With that he stood up and used his belt. He hit me on my face and then my neck, my shoulders, my back. Harder every time.
Hell on earth.
"No, please, stop! Please!" I begged but only worsened the situation.
"You stupid bitch! You useless piece of shit! I hate you! Everyone hates you! You deserve to die!"
Still hitting me, I begged and screamed for him to stop as the pain became unbearable.

"Natalie. Wake up. Natalie!"
I shot my eyes open as Damon was sitting on my bed. My cheeks were all wet and my mouth dry. My head hurt.
"What do you want?" I asked with pain in my voice, trying to distance myself from him.
"Tell me."