||Chapter 18~Pleasant Family Dinner||

I put my hair into a very messy bun, with loose strands hanging here and there. I made sure my dress wasn't wrinkled and my heels felt good on my feet. I applied tons of my favorite sweet perfume and wore my new diamond necklace that complements the dress. I put extra effort into my makeup and brushed my teeth twice. My nails were natural, long and shiny because of the gel nail polish I applied earlier. I put on my favorite matte red lipstick and curled the strands of the hair that were loose, making them look amazing.
I should probably go now, it's pretty late.
I took a deep breath to calm my nerves and exited the bathroom. I looked at Damon who was looking for something in his bag, he was wearing a light grey suit with a dark blue tie and a really white shirt underneath. He looked amazing and smelled even better.
"Damon." I said to get his attention and he straightened up and quickly looked at me. He eyed me up and down and raised his eyebrows.
"I look bad, I knew I look bad-"
"No! Natalie, you look amazing. Really, beautiful." He said as he kissed my forehead.
"Let's go." He said as he took my hand and led me out of the room.

We took our place at the table, I was sitting next to Damon with his mother opposite me, then his aunt, his uncle, Joy and next to Damon sat Xavier.
We said a prayer before the meal began and then everyone filled their mouths with the deliciously looking food. I noticed that it was snowing very hard outside, with big and fat snowflakes covering everything. I didn't mind though, I love snow, and I love winter. I was just thinking if I could go outside and build a huge nasty ass snowman, oh that'd be great...
"So, Damon, how is your business going?" Katherine (his mother) asked and Damon didn't even look at her.
"It's going very well, mother." He answered bluntly.
"I heard you're working with Sebastian Lance, is that right?" I choked on my food. I started coughing and everyone turned to me. I calmed myself down and drunk my wine to help myself. I apologized and everyone turned to their own plates.
"Yes, mother. He is running quite a few things back in NY." Katherine just nodded and ate her food. It was really awkward.
"Natalie, are you enjoying Portland? I've heard you and Xavier went out for a while." Joy (Damon's cousin) said, trying to make it less awkward. She seemed really nice.
"Yeah, Xavier showed me around the city a little, I really like it here, especially because it snows more often then in New York." They all looked at me like I was crazy.
"I'm sorry, but what's good about snow? It's so not lady like to play in the snow. That's for kids." Ouch, Katherine said. I bit my lip and looked down at my plate.
"Are you a model, Natalie?" Joy asked again with a weak smile.
"No, I'm not." I said for the hundredth time as everyone from his family asked me the same questions.
"Well, what do you do?" Katherine asked rather coldly, as if not being a model is bad.
"Well, I go to college. I'm planning on becoming a -"
"Whatever you're gonna say it's not needed. When you live with me, you will have everything, I don't want you to work." Damon interrupted me and I and Xavier chuckled. The room fell dead silent.
"I can become whoever I want to and that's exactly what I'm gonna do, I won't live off your money like some gold digger." I said not looking from my plate, Xavier probably tried to stop himself from laughing but failed.
"I'm sorry, but what money?" Xavier interrupted.
Wtf Xavier? Stfu!
"Are you trying to say something, cousin?" Damon hissed through clenched teeth.
"If I was on her place I would also want to get a job. I mean, living off your mercy would be quite shameful since you barely give her any money anyway, you always just like to keep it to yourself. Just like your fath-" this shit was about to go down into face punching and knife stabbing if Joy didn't stand up and said-
"I'm married." The uncle's and aunt's mouths dropped to the floor and Katherine's also.
"I... I got married in secrecy... I'm sorry I didn't tell you, but you wouldn't have accepted it anyway. Just know that we are happy, and I'm trying to get pregnant." Joy looked at me because it seemed like only the two of us knew what could've happened a few seconds ago.
After a trillion questions about Joy's wedding, I thought myself about having a child. Maybe in 10 years... but I will have it, one day.
"You know what?" Jennifer (Damon's aunt) started.
"It's Christmas Eve, nobody should be judging right now. We all did a lot of right and wrongs in our life and it's okay. We learn from our wrongs. I know because I learned a lot from last year, when I.. I was addicted to alcohol. I know it nearly destroyed my family and it took a toll on my husband who had an affair in the meantime." She looked rather angry when she looked at me, something was wrong.
"Joy falls in love with every guy that shows her affection and knows it and that's why she gets married in secrecy-" she talked about not judging, but it's the only things she's doing right now.
"Katherine never loved Damon and never wanted him anywhere near her-" Katherine got red and Damon looked down and closed his eyes.
"Xavier is a fuckboy who can't keep his dick in his pants and thinks he's better than everybody else-" Xavier almost stood up but I guess he wanted to see what will come up as she turned to Damon. Jennifer seemed really angry, or hurt.
"And Damon is a sadistic and selfish bastard who only cares about money and suddenly comes up with some bullshit about having a girlfriend-" Damon was about to stood up but Xavier hand stopped him and he placed it on his shoulder. Xavier whispered a small 'don't, it's not worth it.' To Damon and he relaxed back in his seat.
"And Natalie, well, you may have a pretty face but you probably screwed over your parents, leaving them dry, didn't you? And now you're clinging to an abusive billionaire like a fucking slut that you are, tell me, would your mother we proud if she saw you now?" Ouch.
Bitch, you're done.
I stood up.
"Maybe you can fucking ask her but unfortunately she's biting the dirt back in California. Who the fuck are you to judge me and speak of not judging? You're just full of shit and what the fuck have I done to make you call me a slut? Go fucking choke on your bourbon." I said and left.