||Chapter 45~Awkward||

||Damon's POV||

She fucking slapped me.
How dare she!
I gripped the steering wheel tightly as I drove back home.
I never even did anything wrong!
You gotta put her to place!
....no, she's been through a lot, I should just give her time.
Yeah but she fucking slapped you!
Too bad, I shouldn't have kissed her.
What if she never wants to kiss again?

...

I laid in bed with my eyes open, thinking.
What if things will never be the same?
I snapped out of my thoughts as I heard my phone ring. I picked it up, it was a text message.

From: Some Hoe
Hey, babe... it's been a while but I still think about you and your big one ;) call me anytime x Jessica

Who tf is Jess- oh right. She used to be my maid... or was that Britney? Whatever. Why tf do I have her number and she mine? I must've been drunk...
"Call me anytime"
Wow she really is a beach. Open for everyone.
I went to contacts on my phone and went into hers.
I was about to click on delete but I stopped myself.
Should I...
What harm would it make? Natalie's not around...

Nah...I deleted it.

||Natalie's POV||
When Damon came to pick me up in the morning, Debi's words still wondered through my mind. We didn't talk the whole way home and nor did we for the rest of the day.

...

A week flew by.
I attended Anthony's (my psychologist) meetings and things weren't so bad anymore.
They were awful.
Me and Damon didn't talk. Seriously. He spends his days in his company from early in the morning till late evenings. Sometimes till late at night...
But my therapy was going well, I could sleep at night a little and function like a normal human being.
It seems like Damon stopped trying. He doesn't try to hold my hand anymore or kiss me or whatever. It's like he doesn't care.
Maybe he found someone better...
No, he wouldn't...
Why not? Just look at yourself. You look like a freaking zombie, spending your days in your pajamas eating ice creams and watching tv. You shouldn't be surprised if his interest went somewhere else...
Yep, that's what happens when you leave me with nothing but my thoughts.
I jump to conclusions.
I mean come on, what do you think he does late at night at his "company". He's probably cheating.
He's cheating.
I heard the familiar ding. He's home. It's past midnight.
Should I confront him about it?
No! You don't know it for sure, you don't have any proof!
I heard his footsteps.
But I should do something!
Right! If he was cheating it means he'd have her perfume or lipstick on him!
I quickly fixed my hair and went into the living room. When I saw him everything was alright, his tie, his shirt, his hair, nothing was messy aka no lipstick. I immediately jumped and hugged him tightly.
"Oh Damon! I missed you today! How was your day, babe?" I said enthusiastically as I buried my nose in his neck, breathing deeply. Nothing but his heavenly cologne.
Phew! Does that mean he's not cheating?
But what if-
"Um... Natalie." Oh right. I was still squishing him. I let go slowly and faked a small awkward smile.
"Are you okay?" He asked awkwardly.
"Yeah I just... missed you." Okay this is awkward.
He looked at me confused.
He locked his eyes with mines.
Awkward. Awkward. Awkward. Awkward.
"Um... okay." He said walking past me.
"Since you're already here I wanna tell you Xavier's throwing a party tomorrow night. You probably don't wanna come but I'm gonna be late home-"
Party. Girls. No!
"I'd love to come!" I exclaimed interrupting him.
He looked at me weirdly.
"Okay. I'll be home at 7." He said before walking away.