||Chapter 3~The Accident||

As I was getting ready for bed, I heard my bedroom doors open. I peaked from the bathroom and saw Damon sitting down on my bed. I smiled and walked towards him. I was about to say something about knocking when I noticed he was all serious. I sat gently next to him while he seemed deep in his thoughts.
"I had a little sister." He said quietly and I don't think I've ever seen him this serious.
"Her name was Poppy." He said as he took a deep breath.
"We used to be very close. She was the apple of my eye, she was so talented... she was too kind and innocent for this world..."
"She was 9 when she died."
I put my hand on top of his and squeezed it.
"What happened?" I asked carefully and he didn't look me in the eyes once.
"It was all my fault. It was all. My. Fault... s-she had a performance at school for a Christmas play... I knew my... parents... wouldn't make it so I had to drive her. I knew it. And yet I drank alcohol before driving. I was young and stupid... I thought a couple of drinks wouldn't do much harm. When it came to driving, it was getting dark and I didn't put her seatbelt on... she was only 9. T-the car slipped off the road and she... she was k-killed on the spot. It should've been me. It should've been me who died. I killed her. I killed my baby girl..."
I hugged him tightly with my arms wrapped around his neck, he wasn't sobbing, but I could feel his tears on my shoulder. I was shocked.
I didn't know what to think. I was just genuinely shocked. Firstly, he opened up to me. Secondly, he told me a heartbreaking story. Thirdly, I saw him crying.
"It's okay Damon, it was an accident. It's not your fault." I whispered as he hugged me tighter....

Maybe he opened up but it's still not everything...
It's more than you ever told him about yourself!

I realized the perfect image of Damon Queen is just an image. He wasn't perfect like everyone thought. Like I, once thought. Damon Queen is a person. A human being like everyone else. He can feel weak or strong. He can be happy or sad. Just because he doesn't show it, doesn't mean he isn't hurt. Every action has a consequence, and every action has a reason.
People think he's fearless, strong and powerful. Because he is, he has come a long way, probably alone. But it doesn't mean he's never scared, weak or haunted by guilt. Everything he does and did, has a reason. There were things that changed him, and things that made him into who he is now.
The perfect image of Damon Queen, is just an image.

A few days later, when Damon came back from the company, he seemed in a really good mood.
"I'm taking you on a date." He stated as he walked up to the couch I was sitting on.
I widened my eyes and looked at him.
"When?"
"Right now."
"Where?"
"Somewhere."
I rolled my eyes.
"Just tell me so I'll know what to wear..."
"Just wear something comfortable but don't wear a dress. I'll be back in 30 minutes." He said before he left.
What the hell?
I stood up and walked into my bedroom. A little anxiety was building inside me and a lot of curiosity.
I wonder where he's gonna take me...
It was quite warm today even though it was November. It wasn't raining and the sun was shining from a clear blue sky.
I wore my black leggings and a cozy grey jumped with long sleeves. I let my hair down and applied a little bit of makeup.
I hope it'll be alright...
I thought as I stood in front of the mirror in my bedroom. I walked out of the room as I heard the familiar ding and Damon walked towards me. He wore casual black sweatpants and also a cozy jumper. His hair were a little messy and a tiny smirk was plastered on his flawless face. He took my hand and we both went downstairs.

We drove in Damon's Audi R8 for over an hour. I was getting impatient.
"Are we there yet?" I asked and clearly the answer was no because we were in the middle of nowhere. There were fields and occasional houses around us.
"Impatient, much?" He asked not taking his eyes off the road.
"We're nearly there." I felt really confused as he said that because we really were in the middle of nowhere. There was a big, dark forest on the horizon.
A few minutes later, Damon pulled up next to a big... farm?
As we exited the car an older man came quickly towards us. The smell of the farm surrounded us.
"Mr. Queen, welcome! Welcome!" The kind man shouted as he shook hands with Damon.
"Welcome, welcome!" He exclaimed as he shook my hand enthusiastically.
I looked a little confused at Damon while he just looked around.

The older man showed us to the stable, where he kept.... horses!
"Are we going horse riding?!" I shouted enthusiastically at Damon who chuckled under his breath.
He put his hand around my waist and pulled me closer.
"Do you like it?" He asked warmly.
"I don't know I-I never went horse riding." I said enthusiastically.
"Don't worry, I won't let you fall." He whispered into my ear making butterflies fly in my stomach.

Damon helped me get on the white horse whose name was Storm. He was a beautiful and powerful, young horse.
Me and Damon both sat on Storm, Damon in front. He said I could go by myself after he'd show me what to do.
I held tightly onto Damon as Storm started running at high speed.
I felt a little scared at first but later, it was amazing.
The fresh air was dancing with my hair as we distanced ourselves from the farm. Storm ran faster and faster, and I felt free.