||Chapter 44~Would he||

"Hello, Natalie. My name is Anthony Evans. It's a pleasure to meet you." I heard the man in his early forties say as he shook my hand.
"Welcome, Mr Evans." I said back as we both sat opposite each other, me and Damon on the couch and him on the chair.
"Please, call me Anthony." He said friendly and I shot him a smile.
He looked up at Damon with a frown full of confusion.
"Mr. Queen, if I am right I have a meeting with Natalie Sene." He said.
"Yeah, you do." Damon answered rudely.
"Then I'll need you to leave, sir." Anthony said and Damon frowned.
Damon opened his mouth to say something but I interrupted him.
"Damon." I warned and he looked at me annoyed.
"Fine." He breathed while standing up. He exited the room and left us alone.
"So, Natalie. Talk to me." He said calmly.
I shrugged and sighed.
"Well, I've heard what happened, but I want you to tell me about it."
"You want me to... tell you what happened?" I asked a bit worried.
He nodded.
My heartbeat fastened.
"I don't.... I don't think I can." I said, fidgeting with my fingers nervously.
"I understand. You don't have to tell me all at once, we can split those weeks in parts. How about you'll tell me about the first day you were there?" He suggested. I took a deep breath and nodded.

...

"Are you having nightmares? Trouble sleeping? Trouble doing certain things?"
"Yeah..."
He gestured for me to continue.
"I can't sleep and when I do his face always shows up in my dreams. I can't stand anyone touching me and it's complicating things between me and Damon." I said biting my lip.
He sighed and took off his glasses.
"Natalie, don't run from it. From him. He was there and did things he did. You have to learn to live with it. Look, you don't have to be scared anymore and you know it. Don't let it ruin your life. Go out. Go party. Visit your friends. Be happy. Don't try to forget him, remember him but look past it. Accept it and move on."

...

"Accept it and move on."
Easy to say, hard to do.
But yeah. I had to try. And since Lola invited me for a sleepover, I gladly accepted. We were gonna have a girly night. Apparently it's gonna be me, Lola, Vicky, and Debi. Just the old squad. I hope it'll be alright.
I told them I didn't want a 'homecoming' party like Lola wanted to do and I asked them not to talk about what happened. I just want a normal sleepover like nothing happened and they agreed to it. But there's one problem... I still have to talk to Damon about it. He's been more protective than ever lately and I hope he won't make a fuss about it.
I bet he will.

Yep, he did.
"What fucking sleepover? I don't give a shit. You're staying here." He said walking inside the living room and undoing his tie and throwing it on the couch. He just came back from his company.
"No, Damon, I'm not. I'm gonna be fine-" I tried arguing as he unbuttoned the first button of his white shirt.
"Don't fucking argue with me, Natalie. You're not going anywhere." He interrupted and exited the room. I went after him.
"It's just a sleepover with the girls, why are you so worried? I'm gonna be fine!" I said, frustrated and he turned to me.
"You're staying." He said loud and clearly.
"I don't need your permission." I hissed back.
He clenched his jaw and ran his hand through his hair.
I sighed and calmed down a little.
"Damon, it's just a sleepover..." I said calmly with puppy eyes.
"I need to go out a little, I can't just sit here all day." I added and he locked his eyes with mines.
He thought about it.
"Fine. But I'm driving you there and picking you up first thing in the morning." He said and entered the kitchen before I could argue.

...

It was 4pm and Damon was currently driving me to Lola's. He was still pissed that I wanted to go. I saw how tightly he held the steering wheel.
"Damon, I'm gonna be fine. It's not even that far from home." I said calmly and he kept his eyes on the road.
"I don't care. I'd prefer you stay at home." He said coldly.
He stopped the car at our destination.
Before I could say anything he crashed his lips with mines. It was a possessive and lustful kiss which I did not return. I pushed him away, feeling uncomfortable. He pulled back and kissed me deeper.
I pushed him harder away and slapped him.
He leaned back in his seat.
The silence fell upon us.
I exited the car, my heart racing.
What the hell just happened?

...

"You. Are. So. Thin!" Lola exclaimed as she entered the room. I noticed she had a plate full of chocolate muffins in one hand. She handed me one.
"Don't worry, hun. We'll get you back on track." She winked and we chuckled a little.
She placed them and sat down on the couch next to us.
"Anyway, how are you lately? Damon being a pain in the ass?" Vicky asked, chuckling.
"Just a little." I laughed.
"Things are... complicated between us. After the whole thing we've been very distant. Actually, I've been. He tries to get things how they were but I just can't seem to go with it and I know he doesn't like that." I added.
"So basically things are bad?" Debi asked playing with her hair and chewing on her muffin. I nodded.
"Why?" She asked.
"We don't... make out or sleep together anymore or do any type of those things anymore and I think it's my fault, I've asked him to keep his distance and I don't think he took it well." I explained.
"You know... Damon is a guy. And not a normal guy. He's handsome and rich. We understand perfectly that you want to keep your distance for now but if he doesn't get sex from you, he'll find it elsewhere." Debi added and I thought it was absurd.
He wouldn't cheat on me..... would he?

*******
A/N
Hey guys sorry for not updating for a few days, I was on holidays but now I'm back! I know, boring chapter, but the next one's gonna be better!
~sb12